Friday, March 16, 2007

Fabric Piecing on Album Cover



Are you into quilting or fabric piecing too? Why not combine the two worlds together.
I've done some quilting when I make my son's blanket two years ago. While I was browsing through the "HGTV" website on the internet, I saw these free templates where they are used to make a quilt about the twelve months of a year. They have various templates for different occasions of a year.
I've used the templates and some additions to it and utilized some of my remaining scraps of fabrics to make this fabric piecing blocks and attached it to my family album cover. I've even make the figures in the blocks out of card stocks and some chalking on it. Don't you think combining the two worlds will give you surprises? By the way, try to buy albums that have plastic covers over them. Therefore, protecting your work won't be a problem. However, for my album covers above, I have to buy those plastics used to cover books and seal the edges up using a hand held sealer tool. There are also shops inmy country where they are providing this service. It's called "book laminating".
You can also do quilting for the background of a layout. I guess it will be interesting. I will have to try it one day.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a lovely album cover! Your little cartoon people are adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin