This is my third project using Queenscraps January Kit. I just love these pattern papers. The colours and designs on it are so gorgeous.
Here are the steps to this page.
1) Use the "peacefulness" pattern paper as the base for this page. Slightly distress the edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink.
2) Cut out a square piece from the "natural springs" pattern paper and ink it's edges with black soot distress ink. Paste it on the lower right of the page.
3) Cut a rectangular piece from the "sand" card stock and distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with frayed burlap distress ink. Paste it on the lower left of the page.
4) Distress the photograph and ink it with vintage photo distress ink. Paste it on top of the "sand' card stock. Use a Magic Mesh and distress ink to mask some dots on the photograph and the card stock.
5) I've used the Bazzill Stitchz' template to hand stitch the border o the left of the photograph.
6) Add a strip of fiber or lace which is also included in the kit across all the layers horizontally at the bottom of the page.
7) To create the bird and the flower, cut the bird and the tag out from the "natural springs" pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. For the first layer of the flower, use the "Spiral Flower" technique with the "bountiful" pattern paper. Then, add a Imaginisce swirl flower which is included in the kit to it. Attach the bird, the tag and the flowers together with a Karen Foster Jewel brad. For details, add some Stickles and a strand of beads to it.
8) Add the Tattered Angels Glimmer Glass which is included in the kit on the right of the page.
9) Cut the butterfly and the title out from the "bountiful" pattern paper. Attach the title with some foam adhesives and create dimensions to the butterfly using the folding technique. Add Stickles for some bling.
This is such a warm layout for me and I hope you all could create one or two warm layouts during this cold season to warm yourselves up too!
Sources: January Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: American Crafts; Pattern Paper: Webster's Pages; Embellishments: Karen Foster Jewel Brads, Imaginisce flower, Tattered Angels Glimmer Glass, fiber; Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, beads, crafting wire, zig pens, floss for stitching, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.