This is my second project using Queenscraps January Kit. This layout tells the story behind Ryan's friendship with his uncle. The pattern paper are actually the magic to this page. Love that huge journaling area on it.
Here are the steps.
1) Use the 'shady lane" pattern paper as the base for this page. Distress the edges using scissors distressing technique. On it's right edges, use the "Note Paper Look on Photograph" technique to create that note paper look edge. Ink all edges using vintage photo distress ink.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece from the "sand" card stock that's included in the kit. Use a decorative scissors to cut on it's left edges. Distress it using the scissors distressing technique and ink it using brushed corduroy distress ink. Paste it on the middle of the page.
3) Use the "Note Paper Look on Photograph" technique on the photograph and paste it on top of the "sand" card stock above.
4) Create the mesh look beside the photograph by hand stitching it.
5) Cut out a strip from the "bountiful" pattern paper and ink it's edges using vintage photo distress ink. Paste it on the left of the "sand" card stock. Hand stitched between the strip and the photograph.
6) Cut out the swirl from the "bountiful" pattern paper and ink it with distress ink. Add some Stickles to it and a Karen Foster Jewel brad. Paste it above the photograph using some foam adhesives.
7) Colour and distress the Heidi Swapp Round Paper Flowers in the kit with distress ink and later use the "Water Distressing" technique on it. I've also used the "angel wings Shimmerz" included in the kit to paint around the edges of it. Pinch each petal to give some dimensions to it.
8) Cut out two sets of wings one big and one small from the "bountiful" and the "crushed velvet" pattern papers. Ink the edges using black soot distress ink and slightly curl it's end with a scissors before attaching them together under a chipboard clock. Attach this piece above the flower.
9) The title is made out of partly American Crafts thickers which are included in the kit and the rest are hand written.
Sources: January Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: American Crafts; Pattern Paper: Webster's Pages; Embellishments: Karen Foster Jewel Brads, Heidi Swapp flower, Shimmerz, Apple Pie Memories Acrylic Photo Corners, American Crafts Thickers; Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Heidi Swapp Chipboard clock, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, floss for stitching, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.
Oh wow this is sooooooo stunning!!!!! I love to see the complete project. I know you gave us a sneak peek earlier this week, and it is looking so way COOL!!!!! I love that ornament, above the picture and you are right, the patterned paper beneath the big journal spot, really makes this page pop. WOW WOW WOW.....You are amazing!!!!!!!
I love your scrap !!
Nanou from France
Wow love the effect on the photo Irene and the notebook effect is stunning. Brilliant LO
another precious work honey! :D
Just another stunning piece of art! I'm keeping these ideas and your tutorials to use in the next few pages I want to do. You may even convince me to purchase a kit or two... I guess it would be a great way to push me out of the box and use things I wouldn't normally use. Thanks again for all the wonderful pictures and instructions.
Beautiful work Irene! I just love the layered wings on the flower, Great details! tfs :)
I just dont know how you find all this time to do all the LITTLE details that you do, it still amazes me.
You make it look sooo easy. Just beautiful, I wish I had your handwriting...amazing. Youa re so talented!
It's so beautiful! magic! très romantique j'adore
Sophie from FRANCE
Post a Comment