This is another card to showcase the stamps by Queen Kat Designs. It's also going to be sent out to a friend who has been down due to some sad happenings.
Here are the steps.
1) Cut out a long rectangular piece and fold it two third (not half) for the upper flap. This way, you'll have uneven flaps. Ink it's edges with some distress ink.
2) Layer a strip of pattern paper in the middle of the upper flap. Add a strip of IOD clear tape slightly overlapping the pattern paper, to it.
3) Add a strip of black card stock on the right edge of the upper flap vertically and layer some lace on top of it. Hand stitch the lace and add some liquid pearls to it.
4) Stamp the "Enjoy Life" image using a black solvent ink onto a white card stock and cut it out. Ink it with distress ink and add some sepia accents to it for dimension. Attach it to the card using some foam adhesive.
5) Paint a chipboard paisley with black acrylic paint and add some liquid pearls to it. Use it to layer underneath the flower.
6) To create the flower, simply cut two different sizes of flower from pattern papers for the first and second layer. Stamp the "Compass" image using solvent ink onto a white card stock and cut it out. Use it to layer on top of the flower. Remember to create dimensions for the flower by folding up the petals. Ink all edges with distress ink. Use a mini brad to attach the layers together and dress it up with liquid pearls and Stickles.
Hope you all like the more feminine look that I've created with the stamps. I just want to show that these stamps are not just good for masculine or boys themed projects. They can be use to create some feminine projects too.
I'll be announcing the winner for the stamps tonight (Malaysia time). So, if you wish to try your luck, you still have time. Just post a comment on the "First Stamps Giveaway!" post. Good luck everyone!
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps:Queen Kat Designs; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Sepia Accents, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Prima IOD Clear Tape, mini brads, lace, floss for stitching, Helmar Glue and Glue Dots.