Friday, July 31, 2009
Sweet Old Home Mini Album
Below are some of the details on the cover of this mini album.
I've embossed an acrylic bird from Clear Scraps with and embossing folder and inked the embossed image with solvent ink.
I've used the "Add Little Beads on your Stitching" technique on the roofs' edges.
Here are some of the pages and it's details.
Page 1 and 2:
I've used some stamps from My Stamp Box to stamp the butterfly and dragonfly. I've also used some Stickles to decorate them.
Page 3 and 4:
Page 5 and 6:
To create the smoke on top of the chimney, I've used some stamps from My Stamp Box and some solvent ink to stamp on transparency.
I've had tons of sweet memories in this old home. This is the place where I first live after I got married and the place where our family blooms from two person to four. The couch had been the family's favourite place and the small open kitchen had been the most busiest place when we were there....lol! We've really missed our old home but I guess life always goes on and some things need to change.
I just love how this house mini album works perfectly here. This mini album is so versatile. You could also use it for memories of a house in stages of constructions, a new home, a house warming gift, bringing a new baby home, or just simply scrapping about members of your home.
I'll be announcing the winner of my July stamp set tomorrow. Do check back to see if you're the lucky one! Good Luck!
Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: My Little Shoe Box; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: My Stamp Box; Stickers: My Little Shoebox; Overlays: My Little Shoebox; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Distress Stickles, Ranger Paint Dabber, Prima flowers, lace, ribbons, rick rack, vellum, pearls, beads, transparency, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Projects for QKD August Get Inked! Kit!
1 Stamp Set designed by me (Walk Down the Memory Lane stamp set)
1 Tsukineko - Memento Dew Drops-Pear Tart
1 Tsukineko - VersaMagic Dew Drops-Perfect Plumeria
1 How To's/Technique News Sheet written especially for this kit
and here are the projects that I've created to be included in the how-tos/technique sheet.
Grab your kit now before it's all gone! Here's the link to it.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Another Sneak Peek!!
I've also used a lot of Distress Stickles in this project hoping to inspire more of you to try them. It's a really cool product where you could use it to instantly create a distressed look with textures to your project. Simply click here to read more about this project. Feel free to leave your comment there.
I'm also having a stamp giveaway now. To participate, just scroll down a little and post your comment with your answer there. Good Luck!
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Here are the steps to create this ATC.
1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic ATC as the base for this ATC. Run the ATC through an embossing machine. Ink the embossed images with solvent ink and spread some distress stickles all around the edges of the ATC.
2) Cut out some flourishes from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add it to the left of the ATC and cover part of it with Glossy Accents.
3) Stamp the bird and the butterfly using solvent or permanent ink on transparency and colour it using markers. I've used some Copic markers to colour them. Cut them out and fold their wings up before adding it to the ATC. Dress them up with Stickles.
4) Add some flowers on the bottom of the ATC and detail them with crystals and Stickles.
Don't you just love how versatile these stamps are? You can use them in lots of ways to add that extra little special touch to your project. Queen Kat Designs is having some mark down sales at the moment. Check them out to grab this chance to own some of your favourite stamps to play with. Have a great weekend everyone!
Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: On The Dot; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Queen Kat Designs; Others: Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Distress Stickles, Copic Markers, Prima flowers, transparency, crystals, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.
Friday, July 24, 2009
July Stamps Giveaway!
These stamps would be great for any projects. In order for you to enter for a chance to win this stamp set, post a comment here and tell me what is your ultimate summer vacation?
I'll be announcing the winner on 31st July. The winner will have to create at least a project with this stamp set and it'll be featured here on my blog.
Good Luck everyone!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
QKD August Get Inked! Kit
I'll be sharing the projects included in the project sheet soon. Thanks to all of you who had bought July's kit. It's all sold out early this month.
This stamp set is particularly dear to me. Can you guess why? I've included images of Chloe and Ryan in it. Hope you all like it. I'll have a stamp set giveaway tomorrow. Keep an eye for it!
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
June Stamp Set Winner: Christina Leach
I love how she had stamped the flower and cut it out to create some dimensions on the card. She had used the words stamp (with a flower shadow) to create a background and later add the flower to the place where the flower shadow is.
She also used the frame stamp to stamp a sentiment box on the lower right of the card. I really love the fun summer colours that she had used to create this card.
Christina had also created this gorgeous layout to share with us. She had stamped the butterflies and the flowers separately and cut them out to attach to the layout. Thank you so much Christina for sharing these gorgeous projects with us.
If any of you want to try your luck in winning a set of stamps designed by me, keep an eye for my next giveaway which will be soon!!
Monday, July 20, 2009
Mini Album Tutorials at The Crop Spot!!
I'll be posting page by page tutorials on this mini album on The Crop Spot throughout this week. To follow along the tutorials or check out this mini album, simply click here. The blog owners had added the comment posting tool on the blog. Please feel free to leave any comments you have about my projects there or here.
I'll also be having another giveaway on my blog soon. Do keep an eye for it as you won't want to miss it! Have a great week!
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Our New Family Member!!
Now I guess you all could foresee that there will be a lot of him in my future projects. All of you pet lovers out there, get ready for some fun inspirations from me. I've not scrap about any pets at all but I just can't wait to scrap about this cute little new family member of ours.
Oh, for those of you who do owned some kind of pet especially dogs, feel free to drop me a tip or two about housebreaking training. Have a great weekend.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
With Love Mini album
Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: My Little Shoebox; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: My Stamp Box; Others: Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, buttons, lace, floss for stitching, paper ribbon, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Spring Has Sprung ATC
Here are the steps to this colourful ATC.
1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic ATC as the base for this ATC.
2) Run the ATC through an embossing machine. Highlight the embossed images with some paint markers.
3) Tear a piece of black cardstock and layer on the bottom from the back of the ATC.
4) Cut out the circles and flowers from the pattern paper. Layer them on the ATC using some foam adhesives (ink them with distress ink first). Add details using Liquid Pearls, Glossy Accents and Stickles.
5) The title of the ATC is actually a rub-on.
Aren't these ATCs fun and colourful? It really makes me happy just seeing them. If you're going to this coming CHA, make sure you drop by Clear Scraps booth to check them out.
Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: My Little Shoebox; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Rub-Ons: BoBunny; Others: Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles,EKSuccess Zig Painty, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Family Vacation ATC
Here are the steps.
1) Use a Clear scraps acrylic ATC as the base for this ATC.
2) Cut out a strip from a pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add it to the left of the ATC. Run the ATC through an embossing machine. Highlight the embossed images on the pattern paper with some distress ink.
3) Cut out another piece from a scallop die cut paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Paste it to the ATC from the back.
4) Cut out some luggage, bags and airplanes from the pattern paper and add it to the ATC. Use some foam adhesives to create different layers. Dress them up with Stickles and Glossy Accents.
5) Add a strip of diamond sticker on the bottom of the ATC and dress it up with Stickles.
6) Cut out another bag and attach it on the bottom right of the ATC using some foam adhesives. I've cut out the words from a sticker and then paste it on a cardstock. Later, I cover it with some Glossy Accents. Punch a hole and tie it to the bag.
7) Lastly, add a button on the top left of the ATC.
This is really very simple and fast. It could be use as an ATC alone or use it on another project as an embellishment or tag.
By the way, thank you very much to those of you who had signed on my guestbook right at the bottom of my blog. I'm always thrill or happy to see some of your faces or get a message from you all. If you've not sign my guest book, feel free to do so.
Sources: Clear products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Moxxie; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Stickers: Moxxie; Others: Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Stickles,Moxxie button, Zip Dry, Helmar Glue, Glue Dots and other adhesives.