Monday, August 31, 2009
Winner of August Stamps Giveaway!
I've been an almost daily visitor to your blog for ages now, but am finally also a follower! :) Thanks for the chance to win this beautiful set. Cheers from Italy!Minna
Congratulation Minna! Please email me your address so that I could send the stamp set to you. Thanks to everyone that had played along and for following my blog all this time.
I have another great news to announce tomorrow. For those of you from Russia and from neighbouring countries, do keep an eye for it.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Hiro @ 14 Weeks!
Today, I've got an opportunity to meet a friend of mine through a husky club locally here. He owned a fully grown siberian husky with the same colour as Hiro. His husky looks amazing. I can see Hiro growing to be liked him in future.
He is still shedding. I can't find any Furminator locally here but finally able to get one through my brother in Australia. However, he will only be bringing it back in February next year. So, in the meantime, we will have to deal with his shedding with a normal brush.
I have some exciting news to announce next week. If you're hoping to take some of my classes, do keep an eye for the news.
For those of you who has yet to participate in my giveaway, you still have time. Check out the details here.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Here are the steps.
1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic ATC as the base for this ATC. Run the acrylic ATC through an embossing machine with an embossing folder (I've used a Cuttlebug). Ink the embossed images with solvent ink.
2) Cut out a damask image from a pattern paper and add it to the ATC.
3) Add a vintage image on the middle of the ATC. (Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink first) Apply a layer of crackle accents on top of it and let it dry.
4) Add a strip of lace on the bottom of the ATC using some mini brads.
5) To create the distress frame, use a chipboard frame and lightly scrape some gesso around it's edges. Ink the whole piece with black soot distress ink and later wipe it lightly with a piece of wet wipe. Stamp some images on it with some white acrylic paint. Add it to the ATC with some foam adhesives.
6) Add some black and white flowers on the left of the frame. (Sprinkle some black acrylic paint on the white flowers first) Use some pearls as flower centers.
7) Add a string of pearls around the frame and tie a tag to it. I've also covered the tag with some glossy accents.
Hope you all like this black and white vintage ATC. If you still have not try out for my giveaway, you still have time till Monday. Simply click here and participate. Good Luck!
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: My Minds Eye; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Chipboard: Creative Cuts and More; Others: Folkart Gesso, Ranger Paint Dabber, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Ranger Crackle Accents, Ranger Glossy Accents, Making Memories mini brads, pearls, die cut heart charm, lace, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Video Gamers Mini Album
On the front cover of this mini album, I've done some dry embossing and masking. I've also had some fun playing with the pretty buttons from Moxxie on the front cover. I've added some crackle paint to the alpha tiles too.
On Page 1 and 2, I've cut out some alphas and part of the pattern papers to embellish them.
On Page 3 and 4, I've done some stenciling and arrangement of various stickers and rub-ons.
Monday, August 24, 2009
It's Monday again!
I've enjoyed using various Jenni Bowlin Studio products in this project. I've had some fun playing along with some chipboard buttons as part of the design. To read more or follow the tutorial on this project, simply click here.
Feel free to leave any comments you have about this project here. Enjoy!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Hiro @ 13 weeks!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Another Stamps Giveaway!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
A Dream Come True
Here are the steps.
1) Use a Clear Scraps acrylic book stand as the base for this project.
2) Cut out a strip of circles overlay an add it to the left of the book stand from behind. Cut out another strip of negative circles overlay and add it to the bottom of the book stand.
3) Cut out a huge square piece from pattern paper and randomly punch some holes on it's right. Add it to the middle of the book stand.
4) Ink the edges of the photograph with distress ink and add it to the left of the book stand.
5) Cut out an overlay frame and add it to the bottom of the photograph.
6) Add a strip of lace on the left of the photograph and a few strips of overlay vines. Ink some flowers with some distress ink and dress it up with Stickles and pearl. Attach it on top of the lace.
7) Cut out some overlay chandelier and add it to the upper right of the book stand. Dress it up with crystals and Stickles.
8) Run a piece of Clear Scraps acrylic deco frame through an embossing machine. Use the "Metal Look on Acrylics" technique on it and use some mini brads to attach it to the book stand.
9) Cut out another frame from a Hambly pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Add it to the book stand using mini brads and detail it with liquid pearls.
10) Add a chipboard piece on the upper right of the frame in step (9). Ink it's edges with distress ink first.
12) Ink a flower with distress ink and add it to the lower right of the chipboard piece in step (10). Cut out a strip of overlay vines and add it to the bottom of the flower. Dress up the flower with pearl and Stickles. Cut out some overlay butterflies and add it to the book stand. Detail it with liquid pearls.
13) Punch a hole on the lower left of the book stand and tie a chipboard tag to it using a ribbon.
This would be a great piece for me to remember my wedding and all the romantic moments during then. Aren't these acrylic book stand great for altering into a table display piece? Try it!
I will be having another stamp giveaway in my next post. Check back for it.
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: Hambly Screen Prints; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink; Overlays: Hambly Screen Prints; Others: Ranger Blending Solution, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Kaisercraft adhesive pearls, Prima flowers, chipboard tags, crystals, ribbon, lace, Glue Dots, Zip Dry and other adhesives.