This is a layout that I've created sometime ago while having some fun with paper doileys. It is a very simple and easy layout and I'm sure all of you could do it.
Here are the steps:
1) Use a pattern paper as the base for this layout. Cut both right and left edges into scallops. Ink all the edges with distress ink.
2) Cut out a huge rectangular from the pattern paper and distress it's edges. Ink it with distress ink and attach it to the middle of the layout. Hand stitch around it.
3) Cut out another small rectangular from another pattern paper using a deco scissors and ink around it's edges with distress ink. Attach it to the lower right of the layout.
4) Distress the edges of the photograph and attach it to the middle of the layout. Hand stitch around it.
5) Ink the edges of a die-cut floruish corner with distress ink and attach them to the upper left corner of the photograph. Detail it with pearls and liquid pearls.
6) Use the "Paper Doiley" technique to create the circle and add it on the right of the photograph. Dress it up with some liquid pearls.
7) Add a strip of wide lace horizontally across the bottom of the photograph and lace with a ribbon in between it. Hand stitch some cross-stitches on the bottom right of the wide lace. Also add a strip of thin pink trim on top of the wide lace. On the right of the trim, attach a heart with a small brad.
8) Use the "Paper Doiley" technique to create the fan and attach it with a button on the left end of the olive ribbon. Also attach another button on the right end of the ribbon.
9) Paint two chipboard stem with some white acrylic paint and stamp on it with a flower stamp and solvent ink. Use the "Paper Doiley" technique again to create the flowers and attach it to both stems. Dress them up with pearls and crystals. Tie both stems together with a ribbon and attach it to the lower left of the photograph.
10) Use a "Smile" rub-on to add the title to the layout and attach some small flower stickers all around the right of the layout.
Hope you all find this layout fun and try on the "Paper Doiley" techniques. It's always great to start off a New Year with a layout that "Smile" at you! Here's wishing all of you an exciting, colourful and fun year ahead! Happy New Year!!
Sources: Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Heidi Grace; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Stickers: Cloud9 Design; Others: paper doileys, Making Memories acrylic paint, Ranger Liquid Pearls, buttons, mini brad, ribbons, lace, trim, floss for stitching, Glue Dots and other adhesives.