This is my first project using "Queenscraps" August Kit. All the pattern papers , embellishment and card stocks in this kit are just perfectly coordinated. I've tried to keep in a little simple in techniques so that for anyone who has bought this kit can have a go with my projects.
Here are the steps.
1) I've used the Champagne textured card stock as my background for this layout. Ink around the edges of this card stock using the brushed corduroy distress ink.
2) The first layer is an Auckland textured card stock which I've scalloped both sides of it using a template that I've created using the "Create your own Scallop Paper Template" technique. You could absolutely use some circle objects around the house to create this too. Then, distress the card stock using the "Scissors Distressing" technique and ink it with frayed burlap distress ink.
3) Next, cut out a wide strip of the "Letter Stripes" pattern paper and distress it using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with frayed burlap distress ink too.
4) Distress the edges of your photograph using the scissors distressing technique and then ink it with brushed corduroy distress ink. Paste it in the middle of the wide strip of the "Letter Stripes" pattern paper.
5) Cut out another strip of the "Blue and Ivory Damask" pattern paper and distress it with the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with brushed corduroy distress ink and paste it at the bottom of the photograph horizontally.
6) Cover the seam between the photograph and the "Blue and Ivory Damask" pattern paper with a strip of the adhesive paper ribbon that had been included in the kit.
7) Hand stitched a zig-zag at the bottom of the layout. You can also create some faux stitches instead just by doodling.
8) Cut some of the green leaves ribbons from May Arts Ribbon in the kit and use some mini glue dots to form the vines.
9) Stitch two of the chipboard buttons to the white Imaginisce Crochet flowers and attach it around the vines.
10) Add three chipboard buttons to the right border of the layout.
11) The Heidi Swapp ghost butterfly had been stamped using a butterfly stamp and some solvent ink. Paint the edges with acrylic paint and doodle some white dots on it with a while gel pen. Add some green adhesive jewels at the tip of it's antenna. I've hand stitched some swirls for the butterfly too.
12) Add some small adhesive pearls to the scallops on the Auckland card stock.
13) I've used a piece of left over Auckland card stock to journal on. I've distressed the edges with the scissors distressing technique and inked it with frayed burlap distress ink.
I've enjoyed using this kit which consists mainly of the K and Company's Blue Awning Line. Keep an eye for my next project with it tomorrow.
Sources: August Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: K and Company; Embellishment: Imaginisce (flowers), adhesive jewels, K and Company (adhesive paper ribbon), adhesive pearls, K and Company (chipboard buttons), May Arts Ribbons, Heidi Swapp (ghost shapes). Others not included in the kit: Uni-ball signo gel pen, Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, floss for stitching, zig pens, glue dots and other adhesives.
Wow I absolutely love this. It's such a happy image, and the artwork is just stunning. Love everything about it.
Love Debbie xx
This si wonderful. I love the flowers and the buttons are fantastic too. I've got to get some of these. I worked yesterday on a project using the elements from the Monthly Kit from Serendipity Scrapbooks. It is a big challenge because there is so much stuff in the Kit to choose from. I will finish it and post it on my blog in the next day or two. I really love your page today (Chole is getting so big),I can't wait for tomarrow. Have Fun, Melissa from ihaveprettierstuff.blogspot.com
I like the layout design, makes it flow beutifully, you are very talented and out of the box.
Thank you for the inspiration.
Tracy in AR
Waow, MAGNIFIQUE page, j'aime beaucoup ! Bravo !
Waow, MAGNIFIQUE page, j'aime beaucoup ! Bravo !
Beautiful layout!!! WTG with the kit! The directions are perfect and easy to follow
beautiful work a little different from your usual work, but with loads of your touches! Its really lovely!
First off, I love the page you created. It's really beautiful. Secondly, your photography is gorgeous. You really managed to show all the details.
un moment de pur bonheur aussi que de voir d'aussi belles pages....
Hey Girl!! I haven't been by in a while/ Love the new stuff! Just wanted to pop in & tell you about an ACTs challenge there having over at one of the sites I DT at. It would be SUCH A PLEASURE if you could pop in & show us some of your STUNNING ACTs work!! The theme is FAIRY Tales. Old school ones like hansel & gretal, snow white/ect// http://memoriesfromtheattic.info/viewtopic.php?t=2479&start=0
I hope you can join!!!! :-)
Wow ! Love all the pages of the layout that you been worked out.
Especially love this simple one :)
(Used to see your heavy embellishment pages)
Post a Comment