Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Zoo






This is a layout about our trip to the Zoo. I've actually a very hard time trying to pick out the photographs that I want to scrap. There are just too many of them. Finally, these are the few that I've chosen and decided to scrap.
The inspiration for this page actually came to me directly from the photographs. The colours of nature is so beautiful that I don't want to crowd the layout with more colours. Therefore I've decided to do a black and white layout.
In this layout, I've used the "Stamping to Frame" technique to create a huge frame on the white card stock and two strips of borders on the black card stock. (Here's the link to that technique in my tips and tricks section: http://scrapperlicious.blogspot.com/2007/12/stamping-to-frame.html )
The title is created using a chipboard letter for the "Z" where I've painted and stamped on. The round circles are actually cut out from white crafting foams and stitched on to the layout.
The flowers and flourishes strip on the right are done using stamping, masking, stenciling and doodling technique.
The petals for the flower on the lower right corner is created individually where I've stamped, inked and punch holes on them.

10 comments:

Chowchow said...

Great layout Irene. As usual - I love your doodles. They are beautiful. Love the flower bloom in the corner too.

Creative Busy Bee said...

Very beautiful lo.

Unknown said...

ANOTHER STUNNING LO IRENE! LOVE ALL THE STAMPINGS,THE RED FLOWER IS AWESOME.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

This layout is awesome!...stunning....& striking!! Your flowers honestly come to life on your pages!

Anonymous said...

I have a funny story - I was reading articles from the online newsletter Scrapbooking.com - saw this wonderful layout that looked SO MUCH like Scrapperlicious style. Imagine my surprise to see it WAS ONE OF YOURS!!! Great article by the way - and this just goes to show you do have a distinctive style that is all yours! Wonderful!

Linda said...

thunk...that was my jaw hitting when I saw it on 2 peas. Love that you posted it in detail here with the techniques used. You girl, just got added to my fav blogs. I totally love this lo. amazing.

Ulla said...

Very beautiful LO, yes you have a wonderful style...

Mescrap said...

Love all of them !

Ying Pang, said...

sorry, Irene, I thought I had left a comment here....
Iknow nothing about sb but I know your LO is beautiful and you have your style, yes, made with heart! :-))

Molly said...

Ok, wow!!!!!!! This is incredible! WOW!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin