Thursday, December 20, 2007

Combining Distressing Techniques

In my latest layout, I've combined the scissors distressing technique with some other distressing techniques in my background paper.

After using the scissors distressing technique, I've added the following steps in creating my final distressed background paper.

1. I've used the "Paper Doileys in Masking" technique to mask on the paper using the Pine Needles, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot distress ink and some cosmetic sponges. (Link to the "Paper Doileys in Masking" technique: http://scrapperlicious.blogspot.com/2007/12/paper-doyleys-in-masking.html )



2. Then, I've used teh faryed burlap distress ink pad to lightly drag on part of the surface of the paper. This will gives it a kind of wood grain look. It would be interesting if you could put your paper on top of certain grains or textures and do it.



3. Lastly, I've wet my hand with water and randomly flick my fingers to drop some drips of water on the surface of the paper. As distress ink will reacts to wetness, some of the colours will come off when I dab a kitchen towel on the water drips . This will further distress the look of the paper.

This is my final distressed background paper for my "Sweet Girl" layout in my baby galllery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow great idea love the water drop effect! Its beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin