Friday, April 27, 2018

Sibling Layout


Good morning! It is another Friday! For today's post, I would like to share a layout on my two babies when they were very young. Looking at this layout makes me realize how much they've grown. Time really flies!

I've kept the look of the layout grungy and used tons of products by Tim Holtz. Below are some close-ups on this layout.


I used an acrylic circle and run it through the embossing machine to create the piece in the center of the makes clock image. I've added some grunge board hinges as clock hands and metal embellishment to it.  


I lightly inked and stamped on the flowers before layering them. I used a brad to attach them together and to the layout.


Adding a hidden tag is always fun on a layout. You can add a journaling tag or any other type of tag which is meaningful to the layout. My tag marked the date of the photograph taken.



To create a more masculine and grungy look, I've added a strip of metal chain with some metal and acrylic charms on the bottom of the layout. For more textures, I've also added a burlap tape strip on it. I detailed the acrylic charm with some rub-ons.


At the very bottom of the layout, I used some grunge board frame and alphabets to create the title of the layout. I've inked it and added some glossy dimensional accents to it for a more interesting effect.


This is a multi technique layout using stamps, inks, different elements, masks, embossing and so on. I hope it will be an inspiration to you all and start trying out those techniques on your projects. See you all again soon!



Sources: Acrylic Products: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Pattern Papers: Tims Holtz ide-ology; Inks/Paints: Ranger Inks; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Mask/Stencils: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Others: Tim Holtz idea-ology metal embellishment, grunge board and film strip; Ranger glossy accents, Sizzix embossing tools, thread for stitching, paper flowers, ribbon, Beacon and other adhesives.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin