Friday, April 20, 2018

Friends Acrylic Mini Album


Hello! Good morning! It is a lovely Friday morning here in Malaysia! Are you all ready for another boost of inspiration? For today's post, it is also a first time for me too! It is my first ever acrylic bird cage album. This album features Clear Scraps acrylic bird cage album.

I've used various products from MSD to decorate this album. Here are some details on it's cover.


These flowers are originally white in color. I've lightly misted them with some paint and let it dry completely. This adds a lovely hint of pink to the flowers.


To add more different elements to this album, I've used some chipboard ornate hinges by Clear Scraps. I've used some faux metal techniques to make it look more realistic. Here are the video to my faux metal tutorials. You can also check out a step by step tutorial via this link to create your own faux metal hinges using cardstock.

Besides the hinges, I've also added a Clear Scraps chipboard "Friends" expression and a metal butterfly on it. I've folded the wings up to give it a more dimensional look.

Now, let's move on to the pages in this album.


This album is meant to be a gift journaling album for a friend of mine. Therefore, I tried to add more journaling space in it and keep it simple.



For each page, I've used some pattern papers to create layers and add a journaling piece on it.




Hope you all find this album inspirational and try some of the techniques which I've mentioned today. See you all again soon!



Sources: Acrylic Album: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: MSD; Inks/Paints: Ranger Inks, MSD; Flowers: MSD; Chipboard: Clear Scraps; Others: metal embellishment, liquid pearls, ribbon, trims, Beacon and other adhesives.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's a fabulous album! I love it! :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin