Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pure & Young

This is a layout that I've created to showcase some of Tim Holtz amazing products and the wonders it does when it meets Clear Scraps acrylic! This layout features the fun and cool pattern papers from Tim Holtz's "Lost and Found" paper stack.

I'll explain more through the close-ups below.
The Clear Scraps acrylic slide or frame had been partially painted with Ranger's Alcohol Ink and later randomly wrapped with some Tim Holtz -dea-ology tissue tapes. This creates some interesting prints on it.

In the above picture, I've embossed a small piece of acrylic using Tim Holtz Alterations textures fades embossing folders and later paint it with some mixture of alcohol ink. Love the cool effect and the stained glass look it creates.
I've embossed another Clear Scraps acrylic ATC using another texture fades embossing folder and later ink the embossed images using jet black Archival ink pad.   

These flowers are createdusing Tim Holtz Alterations "Tattered Florals" die -cut. I've layer two sizes of florals from the die-cuts together and use a metal foliage as it's center. Create dimensions to the flower by folding up the petals on each of the layers. To add more textures and colours, I've added some Ranger Distress Stickles to it too.

I've used a Tim Holtz Alterations "Scallops" border die-cut to create the border strip below the photograph.

The flourishes are created using the "Stencil and Masking Template Using Die Cut" technique that I've shared here yesterday. Use different tones of Distress Inks to create more depths to it.

I've used the "Tissue Tapes Wrapping" technique on the word "Pure" and "&". The word "young" are actually die-cuts using Tim Holtz Alterations "Carnivale" die-cut.

These are actually some small circle fragments by Tim Holtz idea-ology. I've actually attached some pattern papers to it from it's back using Ranger Glossy Accents. Then, I've hand stitch some stitches on top of it to create the hanging charms look.

Hope you all like this layout and some of the techniques used here are useful to you all. I'll be sharing more projects using Tim Holtz products soon.

Sources: Acrylic Products: Clear Scraps; Cardstock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Inks: Ranger Distress Inks, Ranger Alcohol Inks, Ranger Archival ink; Metal Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology; Others: Ranger Distress Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology grungeboard, Ranger Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz Alterations die-cuts and embossing folders (Sizzix); Prima rhinestones, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

So many amazing techniques in this gorgeous layout!!!! TFS!!!!!

Robin Gibson said...

This is just soooooooooooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing tips on how you create all the lovely elements and how you put it all together! I was playing with some of my 'Tim' stuff yesterday, and had fun with some masking! I think it's my new favorite technique!

Selena said...

Wow wow wow! I love all the detailed work! You are such an artist!

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

This is just beautiful and thanks for letting know how you achieved these results.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oooo, this is scrumptious, Irene! I'm so attracted to those melting cool colors, marvelous details and techniques! Beautiful layout!!

Florina said...

it's very beautiful :) Florina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin