Saturday, May 22, 2010

Eyes

Thank you so much for all the wonderful birthday wishes to Hiro! I did actually read to him every single wish and I bet he loves it! Anyway, today, I would like to share this third layout that I've created using Swirlydoos May kit. It's a layout featuring Hiro too!

Here are some details on it.

I've used some Clear Scraps mini acrylic puzzles to put around the photograph and only remove two pieces of it to showcase his eyes.
The flowers are created using the "Distress Ink Flower" technique and later added to the layout using some glass decorative brads.

I've added a sticker tag and enhanced it by adding Stickles to it's edges.
The two remaining mini acrylic puzzle pieces had been added to the lower right of the layout. I've decorate all the acrylic puzzle pieces by adding pattern paper to them, stamping on them or adding Magic Mesh to them.
I've added a bunch of sticker tags on the left of the layout and secure them with yarn and a brad.
I've also hand stitch some stitches on the left and top edges of this layout.
I've also used Tim Holtz idea-ology Concerto masking template and mask the row of music notes on the background using distress ink.

I'll finish posting my last project using Swirlydoos next week. Tomorrow, I'll be sharing some pictures taken during Hiro's birthday celebration! Hope you all have a fun and scrappy weekend!


Sources: Products Included in the kit: Pattern Papers: Heidi Swapp, TPC, Creative Imaginations; Embellishment and mediums: Creative Imaginations stickers, Prima crystals and pearls, Creative Imaginations brads, Ranger Stickles; Others not included in the kit: Clear Scraps mini acrylic puzzles, Accent Scrapbooking flowers, Ranger Distress Ink, Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers, Stampers Anonymous stamps, Tsukineko Staz On, Tim Holtz idea-ology masking template, Magic Mesh, yarn, mini eyelets, floss for stitching, Glue Dots , Zip Dry and other adhesives.

4 comments:

D said...

Great page, but what did Hiro get for his big day? A new toy? An awesome new chew bone?

Melissa said...

Great layout. The detail is beautiful. I love how the background paper is shaped.

Lori said...

Oh, another great layout, Irene! I just LOVE your work! Hiro is such a beautiful dog. Thanks for your inspiration.

LeeB said...

What an amazing LO!! This is just gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin