Friday, January 29, 2010

Crackle Paint on Acrylic


This is another technique ATC that I've created for Clear Scraps technique showcase. This is a technique that I've shared before in the past but since I did this ATC to showcase it, I think I could share it here again.

This is an easy two steps technique. Paint the acrylic with crackle paint. I've mixed two colours of crackle paints on my ATC. To get a good crackle effect, apply a moderate layer of crackle paint on your acrylic surfaces. Leave it to dry a little and the cracks begins. When you see the cracks but it's still not fully dry, apply a thin layer of Glossy Accents on top of it to seal it. It's important not to wait till the crackle paint is fully dry as the paint will start to peel off itself from the acrylic surface when it's dry. Hope you all give this technique a try and have fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin