Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Transparency as Layers

I've tried using transparency as part of my layering in my latest layout titled "Fun" in my family gallery. It's a very fun technique and it really creates a very different look to the overall look of the page with it's shiny surface.

In my layout, I've cut out a circle clear transparency and painted it's edges using some black acrylic paint. Then I've used a white paint marker to doodle on it. It does actually create the effect that I wanted so bad for my layout.

5 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

Very cool look- I have a box of transparencies upstairs- this really makes me want to play with them! The white dots on them really make that layer POP!

Janna said...

Wow, wow, wow! I think I could spend hours on your blog. I'm so glad I discovered you! Thanks for sharing all of your fabulous ideas! Now...I just need to go buy some transparencies.

Janna

Heidi Anne said...

oh Irene,
at first i couldnt understand what you did, but your explanation made sense to me...this is so amazingly gorgeous!! Your layouts take my breath away!!!
I love your blog, thankyou so much for posting such beautiful work and wonderful techniques!!
~Heidi

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love what you do with paper, you inspire me! I look and look and keep thinking, wow...

cindy said...

What a great idea! I really believe you are my favorite blogger! Do you ever make anything that's screwed up and not beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin