Thursday, January 10, 2008

Masking to Create a Distressed Border

In my latest layout titled "Inside" I've used the making technique to create a distressed inked border to the photograph.



First of all you have to create your own template. Simply just tear out a piece of paper ( I would normally use some thick old magazine pages) and later create some tear-ins along the edges of the template. Place the template along the border of your photograph and do some masking. In my example, I've used some distress ink (vintage photo and black soot) to do my masking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a fabulous technique!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.... see I was thinking that black was paint!! ahhhhh.... I am FOR SURE going to try this one!!! TFS!! very cool.....heheh..Nina... remember me... I am the only Nina I know! :O)

Anonymous said...

LOL.. I was also looking at that top pic thinking.. what is she pointing at in that add for!! LOL.. then I realized it was the mask! duh! :O) Nina

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin