Sunday, July 22, 2007

Alter your Pattern Papers with Spirographs

I've always wanted to try using spirographs in my layouts. I've decided to try it out in my latest layout titled "Future" in my family gallery.



First of all, I've used a simple spirograph set to create some spirographs on the pattern paper randomly. This will helped me to alter it into a spirographs pattern paper.



Secondly, to tone down the bold bright colours, I've used some distress ink to inked all the edges and partially into the pattern paper too, leaving some spots of colours here and there.

With this two steps, I'm able to alter the simple bold bright coloured pattern paper into a pattern paper with interesting spirographs on it which are backed by spots of colours all over.

This is a very fun technique and I've enjoyed doing it. Hope you all would also give it a try!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, NO WAAY!! I'm soo loving your blog and all the FUN, out-of-the-box things you've done. You're very creative!! :) LOVE IT!

Nina said...

What a fabby idea! I am going to give it a go, I'll let you know how I get on. x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin