Here are the steps:
1) Use a die-cut doiley pattern paper (included in the kit) as the base for this page. Ink it's edges with distress ink.
2) Cut out a square piece from a pattern paper and distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique. Use a scissors and a tweezer to slowly tear from the middle of this piece outward to create an insert space in the middle. Ink all edges with distress ink. Hand stitch around it's edges to attach it to the base of this page.
3) I've also used some Magic Mesh as templates to do some masking with distress ink all around the pattern paper. Punch some holes in four corners to create a tie back look on the pattern paper.
4) Layer a piece of Magic Mesh inside the insert space. Distress the photograph and paste it in the insert space too. Hand stitch a small cross stitch on the upper left of the photograph.
5) Cut out a hinge from a pattern paper and attach it to the upper right of the photograph using some brads.
6) I've cut out a rectangular piece of pattern paper and distressed it using the scissors and tear in techniques. Ink it's edges with distress ink. Roll up this pattern paper and secure it with a piece of paper ribbon or yarn. Place it on the bottom of the insert space. Use a twine and some brad to hold it in place. (I've actually included my journaling on this pattern paper)
7) Use the "Bow with Ruffles" technique to attach the ribbon bow and add some small flowers all around.
8) Use the "Freshen Up your Flowers" technique on the flowers.
9) I've actually created an acrylic tag for this page which had been inserted on the lower right of the insert space. (Will share in detail in another post).
10) I've use a transparent die cut (included in the kit) and paste it on a white card stock. I've use a brad and some flowers to dress it up. Insert this piece on the lower right of the insert space as part of the title.
11) I've use some glittered letters stickers (included in the kit) to create the word "THE".
I've had so many first time in the process of creating this layout and love every bit of it. Isn't scrapping fun and interesting? Be sure to check out this kit from Scrapmagie. Grab your kit before it's sold out. I still have lots of projects to share using this kit.
Sources: Scrapmagie February's Kit (Terem Palace): Pattern Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle, Mellissa Frances, Creative Imagination; Embellishments: Making Memories Shimmer Alpha Stickers, Littel Yellow Bicycle transparent die cuts, Basic Grey Rub-On; Others not included in the kit: Clear Scraps Acrylic tag, Tsukineko Staz On, Queen Kat Designs Stamps, American Crafts felt tag, Bazzill Card Stock, Ranger Glossy Accents, Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Magic Mesh, floss for stitching, paper ribbon, brads, eyelets, flowers, twines, yarn, ribbon, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.