This is a layout about one of my New Year Resolution for 2009. This resolution has to do with Chloe and it really means a lot to me.
I've used various Clear Scraps products here. An XL acrylic dot and an acrylic flower.
Here are the steps to this page.
1) Use a white card stock as the base for this page. Cut a huge square piece from a pattern paper and paste it in the middle of the page. Ink it's edges with distress ink first.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece from another pattern paper and paste it horizontally across the page. Add a strip of ribbon and lace at the bottom of this piece.
3) Stamp on the acrylic XL dot using some solvent ink and mask some images on it using some white acrylic paint. Add pearls and liquid pearls to it for details. Highlight it's edges using some paint markers and liquid pearls too. Paste it in the middle of the page.
4) Ink the edges of the photograph with distress ink and punch a row of holes on it's right border. Paste it onto the page and stitch on it's right border.
5) Use the "Dimensional Leaves with Folding" technique to create the leaf. For the small flowers, use the "Spiral Flower" technique to create them. I've used an acrylic flower and stamp on it using some acrylic paint. Highlight it's edges using some paint markers and detail it with liquid pearls. Use the "Layer with Spiral Flower" technique to add some dimension to it.
6) Paint a chipboard photo holder with acrylic paint and add some glossy accents to it. Attach it on the upper right of the page with a ribbon.
7) I've cut out a bird from a card stock and inked it's edges with distress ink. Add some liquid pearls and crystal to it for details and paste it on the upper left of the page.
8) I've used a Hambly Screen Prints transparency journaling bits and paste it to the lower left of the page. Cut out a few strips from a card stock and add your journaling to it before attaching it to the transparency.
9) Lastly, stamp your title on a card stock and cut it out. Distress it's edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with distress ink. Paste it to the page using some foam adhesives.
I really love how this page turns out and the expression on Chloe's face in that photograph really makes me want wonder what is in her mind? What can I do to help? It just melts my heart thinking that she will soon grow up to be a fine lady one day. Do check back for some of my projects using Scrapmagie's February Kit ( Terem Palace).
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps XL Dot and acrylic flower; Card Stock: Bazzill, Core-dinations; Pattern Paper: Doodlebug Designs, Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamp: Heidi Grace, Autumn Leaves; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls,EKSuccess Zig Painty, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Hambly Screen Prints Journaling Bits, Ranger Glossy Accents, Prima laces, pearls, ribbon, button, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.