Sunday, February 8, 2009

Emboss your Photograph

Are you all wondering am I out of my mind? Has Irene gone crazy?....lol! Well, let's just say I've just gone a little overboard with my experiments. I know most of you will be a little nervous to do this but just think of it this way. If the photograph is ruined, you can print or develop it again. But if you never dare to try this technique, you will never know how it will look like and how it will enhance your project.

In this technique, simply put part of your photograph under an embossing folder and run it through an embossing tool. I've used cuttlebug to emboss my photograph above and later inked it with some distress ink to create a distressed embossing look on the photograph. Check back tomorrow to take a look at the complete project.

15 comments:

Wiccababe said...

now that really appeals to me - I never use original photo's in my layout anyway.
well, I know what I'll be trying out tomorrow now eh?

Unknown said...

This is kool, Irene!! I really like how this is looking. I can't wait to see the whole project. :) You're so clever!!

Marsha said...

what a great idea! Going to try it right now, thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

hello irene,

you have great ideas, you are really quite a talent, I love your blog and I'll put you in my links.
bizz nelly
http://scrapbignou.canalblog.com

Gayatri said...

I think it is a great idea. I will defintely try it especially if I have a photo where the subject is on one side of the photo.
U are cleve Irene.

Gra Sandel said...

Wow Irene, what a great idea!!
Sweet girl you are the best!!!
Kisses!!

Karina Beck said...

WAUUUUW, that looks good!!

mininessie said...

i was thinking about to do it Irene
now i´m sure i can do :D
thanks!!

melle said...

Hello from Germany!
Whooooow! Thank you for showing us, that looks so so great!
Greetings
Melanie

Anonymous said...

I love all your work it is so beautiful.OH please put a translater ,because i see your blog every day ,but my english is not good, thank you very much hugs from mexico josefa laura

Catherine said...

Looking forward to seeing the Layout. What a fantastic idea!

moje said...

Irene! Awesome girl!! U & the Cuttleburg are sure a great team!! Gonna' try that today!! moje

Just a little bit Crafty said...

BRILLIANT idea Irene, I not only have a Cuttlebug but I have that folder too. You go girl, you get the ideas......we follow LOL.
Cheers, Irene :)

Paulien van den Bosch said...

OMG!!!!!
you did WHAT??????

WOW/...... AMAZING!!!!!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

I LOVE THIS technique.. this is so perfect! I have thought of doing this but to see it done convinces me that I MUST do it! LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin