Monday, June 16, 2014

I Love My Dog Misc Me


After a number of request via emails, I've decided to share a very simple step by step tutorial on how I normally create my Misc Me pages. 

Today's Misc Me pages is a treat for all of you who love and miss Hiro pictures here on my blog. It features Hiro's puppy pictures and BoBunny's Happy Tails collection. This collection is a perfect match for all dogs and cats lovers.

I've decided to document some pictures of Hiro growing up since I first got him at about 8 weeks old.



And here are some details.



So are you ready for this simple tutorial? Let's go.

Step 1


Choose the pocket design for your pages. There are many designs to choose from BoBunny's 12 x 12 Misc Me Page Protector Variety Pack. (Note: When choosing the design, do take into consideration the number of photographs and their sizes that you wish to display on this two pages.)

Step 2


Plan out the layout of this two pages by temporarily placing your photographs and your chosen journal pieces on top of the pockets. I love to use BoBunny's beautiful journal packs and journal box set for my journal pieces. (Note: Make sure the pages look cohesive and you are satisfied with the color combination at this step.)

Step 3


Plan on your layering for each pocket. I normally use the coordinating Noteworthy packs and the 6 x 6 paper pad for this step.

Step 4


When you are done with all the planning, it's time to start working on each pocket individually. First I adhere the layering for each pocket. At this step, I will do some stamping on some of the pockets to add details to them.

Step 5


Then, I will use gel pens to add more details to each pocket.At this stage, you could also use some washi tapes to add colors to them.

Step 6


Add some hand stitching to some of the pocket pages. This will normally be my last step before I insert my photographs or journal pieces into the clear pockets.

Step 7


Add dimensional embellishment on top of the clear pockets. I normally add chipboard pieces, flowers, jewels brads, buttons, ribbons or trinkets.

And there you have it! Isn't it simple? Next time, when you are at a lost on Misc Me pages, why not try following this simple 7 steps. You will find it so much easier and faster in getting your pages done. Happy scrapping!


Scrapbooking Master Class with Irene Tan. Check it out here!

Sources: Page Protectors: BoBunny; Pattern Papers: BoBunny; Inks/Paints: Ranger Inks, Tsukineko; Stamps: BoBunny; Stickers: BoBunny; Chipboard: BoBunny; Others: BoBunny jewels, brads, buttons, washi tapes and ribbon, Beacon and other adhesives.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin