This is a card that I've created for a good friend of mine, Ginny, who had just gave birth to a baby girl. I've used one of Clear Scraps latest mini acrylic puzzle pieces to create this card. It fits the title of the card perfectly and show how special this little blessing is to my friend.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Use a card stock as the base for the card. Ink all it's edges with distress ink.
2) Cut out a rectangular piece of pattern paper and ink it's edges with distress ink. Hand stitch around it's edges and adhere it to the card.
3) Cut out another two small pieces from two different card stocks and ink it's edges. Layer the smaller piece on top and adhere it to the card.
4) Use 3 pieces of Clear Scraps mini acrylic puzzle pieces and run two of them through a swirls or flourishes embossing folder and one through a baby stroller/cradle embossing folder. I've used Cuttlebug to do the embossing on my sample.
5) Paint the edges of the acrylic puzzle pieces with some copper acrylic paint. Highlight the embossed images with paint markers, solvent ink and Stickles. Adhere them to the card.
6) Add a button on the upper left of the card. On the top of the baby stroller acrylic puzzle piece, add some ribbons and a flower.
7) I've also added two flowers in the middle of the card. I've added a little Distress Stickles in the middle of the bigger flower.
8) Add a strip of lace and detail it with some Espresso Dimensional Pearls.
9) I've used some small circle chipboard to adhere on the lower left of the card.
10) Stamp the bottom right of the card with some little scrolls stamps and Saddle Brown solvent ink. I've hand written the sentiment.
Congratulations Ginny and may you and your little new bundle have many joyful years to come!
Hope you all are getting your supplies ready to play along with me on my "Let's have some Acrylic Fun!" tutorials/challenge next week.
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Carol Wilson Fine Arts.; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Art Warehouse; Others: EKSuccess Zig Painty, Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber, Ranger Stickles, Zig Writer, flowers, lace, ribbons, button, floss for stitching, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.
Just stunning! Really luv the baby buggy!
This is so cute Irene! Love it! :) Hugs Pia
I only recently found your blog Irene, and I just love your work, it's both stunning and inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing.
really nice and looking forward to next weeks tutorial.
Post a Comment