Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Christmas Mail Art









Woohoo! I've finally created my first ever mail art!! I've had such a blast with it! It's kind of a handmade postcard!! The tricky part is to ensure that stuffs you put on it are sturdy enough to withstand the sending process. One of the COF that I'm in are having this Christmas Mail Art swapping which gave this perfect opportunity to venture into something new. A friend of mine from France actually introduced mail art to me several months ago. Thanks Carole!

Here are the steps.

1) I've used a 4"x6" pattern paper as the base for this mail art. (you can absolutely create mail art in any sizes as long as the post office accepts it). Distress the edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with brushed corduroy distress ink. I've also done a little torn paper masking on the lower right of the card.

2) I've used the "Crayon Resist" technique to create the inked angel image on another card stock which I've distressed using the scissors distressing and inking technique.

3) I've use some solvent ink to stamp the snowflake on the top. The flourishes are stamped using embossing ink on black card stock and heat embossing using some gold embossing powder. I've cut it out and paste it on the lower left corner of the card.

4) I've torn a strip of pattern paper to create ruffles on the bottom of the card. I've hand stitched it to keep it in place.

5) The word "Christmas" is created using a label maker and a strip of textured card stock. I've inked it with black soot distress ink to enhance it.

6) I've created a journaling box on another piece of card stock and attached it to the card. I will be writing the recipient's address here. The stamp will be placed on the upper right of the card.

7) I've cut out another 4"x6" white card stock to cover up the back of the card.

8) Lastly, I've stamped another journaling box on the back to write my message. (Tip: Try not to include the sender's address here as it might confused the posting process)

Ok, I've officially revealed my first ever mail art! Hope you all like it and try to create one of your own and swap it with your friends!

Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Prima Marketing, Basic Grey; Stamps: Norsk Stempelblad AS, Heidi Swapp, Making Memories, Art Warehouse; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Embossing Ink; Brads: Making Memories; Others: Ranger Stickles, zig pens, photo anchor, embossing powder, white crayon, Glue Dots and other adhesives, floss for stitching.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Irene...what an awesome postcard!!! I've gotta try something like that ^^
Much love from Australia <3

Jamie Pyles said...

Beautiful work, you always amaze me!! Your love for your art shines through!! Thank you for sharing!!

Gra Sandel said...

Beautiful card!!!!!!!!!
I have no words!
It's great!!
Kisses!!!!

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful as always, but I think that this piece is incredable, I love it!
Jx

Sherry Goodloe said...

Irene Irene IRENE! You mailart is fab-u-lous!!!

Anne Bente said...

åhhhh it is just beautifull wawwww

Carla said...

Wow that is just beautiful!

paulien710 said...

WOW..... SUPER!!!!!!!!!
I love how you did the word christmas..... and all those techniques you've used.... amazing!!!!

Mescrap said...

Wow ! You are amaze me !!!

Marsha said...

Super cool!!!! Can't wait to do mine!

Marsha said...

Super cool!!!! Can't wait to do mine!

Anonymous said...

This is outstanding work.

Have a great day,
Tracy in AR

Jenna Franklin said...

That is GORGEOUS, Irene!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin