Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pocket Birthday Card










This is just a fun birthday card that I've created using some cute stamp images. It's a pocket birthday card. This is my first time using some watercolour pencils and pens to colour stamp images. It's so much fun!
Here are the steps involved in creating this card.
1) First I've used a white 8"x11" white card stock to fold the pocket. Just fold both ends overlapping in the center of the card. Then I've folded up the lower edges about 2" into the middle of the overlapping flaps and glue it down. Lastly, I've also folded down the top corners of the overlapping flaps. (ie. looks liked a collar)
2) I've distressed the folded down corners using the scissors technique and inked it using some distress ink (old paper and tattered rose). Then I've made a torn edges square template and did some masking along the edges of the folded down corners and on the top of the pocket.
3) I've used a patterned paper and wrapped it around the lower section of the pocket. I've used a distressed postage stamp image to layer on top of the pattern paper. I've duplicate part of the stamps and colour them using distress ink and attached them using some foam adhesives for dimensions.
4) I've coloured all the cute images using watercolour pencils and pens and part of their clothes are actually cut out from pattern papers which I've stamped and coloured on too.
5) The flower are created using an alcohol inked glossy paper and layered with a white flower.
6) I've created a simple tab to put inside the pocket for some journaling.
After this project, I must say that cuteness might not be my style but I definitely have fun doing this.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic Papers, Pattern Papers: 7Gypsies, Ink: Ranger Alcohol Inks, Tim Holtz's Distress Ink, ColorBox, Memories, Stamps: Making Memories, Autumn Leaves, Others: Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, watercolours pencils and pens.

9 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

nice to see you using cute stamps, and finally you use your watercolor pencils too :-) Beautiful creation.

Christina Carnoy said...

That card is just gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous (did I say it?), gorgeous. I'd love a card like this for my birthday. Lucky recipient! =)

iza said...

what a creation.love it to the bit.love the details and technique.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Another stunning card. I love the images.

Mescrap said...

This is beautiful and such detail design.

Gra Sandel said...

So lovely!!!!!

Kathy said...

These are so much fun! I *love* the cuteness of them! Great job!

Anonymous said...

so cute! love how you did the little outfits. The layering is awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin