Friday, May 25, 2007

Flip Open Photos Pile

I believed that some of you had done photos pile in your layouts. The only problem is that we always dare not include too many photographs in order not to block the view of all the photographs. Recently I've done a layout about a concert that I've went to and there are too many photographs that I wish to include in my layout. Therefore, I've thought of creating a flip open photos pile for this layout.

To create a flip open photos pile, simply follow the steps below:
1. Gather all the photographs that you want to include into the layout and try to lay them out on your empty cardstock. Try to arrange it in a way that you can flip the photos in a particular order and also try to create an interesting design with your arrangement. (Do not worry about your photos overlapping)
2. Mat all your photographs and add a 1 or 2 inch tab where you want your photos to flip open. Brads will be added to these tabs to enable the photos to flip open. (Tip: make sure you have at least 1/3 of the tab attached securely onto the photos)

3. You can add some journaling at the back of each individual photographs that's in the pile. I've journaled about each individual photographs in my layout. Add a little decorations to it to create more interest.
4. Lastly, try to flip open all the photos one by one until finally you are able to flip open all of them and reveals all the journalings behind them.
By using this technique, you are able to create a layout with lots of photographs and yet not blocking the view of each of them. You are also able to create a more interesting page by adding a mini journaling layout behind each and every photos in your layout.
For the finished layout, you can refer to my layout "Heroes Of Earth Concert" in my family gallery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your posts in the Scrapbooks etc community, and came to visit here. Your Heroes of Earth layout is beautiful, as are your other works of art! I am very new to scrapbooking, but your work is inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

Katie

Wendy said...

Wow! This such a great idea. I saw your layouts on SB.com and came here to check out how you did it! I want to thank you so much for sharing this wonderful info with us!! I have some ideas rolling around and might give this a go with a vacation we took and all the photos from it!

Anonymous said...

great idea.

Unknown said...

Great idea!! Thanks for the step by step instructions, that is really helpful.

Marsha, RN

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin