Thursday, November 18, 2010

UR A Star

This is another DT project for Tim Holtz. I've also used tons of Clear Scraps products on this layout. This layout had been featured at Sketchabilities before.

Here are the details.

I've used some simple techniques to differentiate each pieces of acrylic star. I've used some texture fades embossing folder to emboss them and later ink or glitter them.

I've used the "punching to distress" technique on the acrylic and inked it with alcohol ink.

I've used the Tim Holtz idea-ology flourish mask and distress ink to mask the flourish on the top left of the layout. I've also sprinkled some water on it to further distress it.

I've actually flip an acrylic triangle banner piece to create the tree look and ink it with alcohol ink.

On the top right corner, I've torn the corner off and added another pattern paper under it. I've also stamped on it.

Hope the techniques used on this layout inspire you all. Try them and apply them to your creations! Have fun!
Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Ink, Ranger Alcohol Ink; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Stickles, Tim Holtz idea-ology mask and metal embellishment, Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folders, Matha Stewart glitter, American Crafts alphas, buttons, floss for stitching, Glossy Accents, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

5 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

He's growing up! A very nice layout and artistic with the masking and design.

Scrapamum said...

Love this layout!!! Great misting!!!

Erin Smetak said...

This is amazingly cool and awesome!!!! I love it! Love all those little details that just make the pages you do SHINE! I was going to ask you if you do a page a day, and then I saw that you had done this one a while ago. How often do you do scrapbook pages? Daily? Are you "up to date" on your scrapping? ;)

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Erin,

I do scrap on most days. There are somedays I could create a few layouts and there are days where I could only scrap one or none. Sometimes, I could finished a mini album a day. This really depends on my schedule around the family and house.

STAMP ENJOY said...

Les couleurs sont très belles ainsi que tous les petits détails qui font que ta page est parfaite !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin