Thursday, November 4, 2010

Being With U

This is a DT layout for Swirlydoos using it's October kit, "Lavender Escape". I've also used some stamps from Stamp Enjoy in this layout. 

Here are some details on it.



I've hand stitched over the punch out border to create a more detailed look on it.

I've used some black pearl pen to create dots all over the layout.

Hope you all like this layout. After sharing this layout, I would like to answer some of your questions that you all had emailed me. Here are some of the questions.

How long do you take to create a layout? Usually it took me about 1 to 2 hours. This is a regular layout where I already have an idea in my head on how I want it to be. For a more technique loaded layout, I might need up to 3 hours to complete it.

How do you store your bulky layouts? Most of my layouts could still fit in the regular top loading postbound album. If it's a little bulky, I'll just insert one layout per page protector and I'll add some screw extension posts to stabilize the album. For more bulky layouts, I would store them in magazine boxes with covers. I still try to fit them into the page protectors before storing them standing up in the boxes. I would create dividers using cardstock to separate them into different categories.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to email me if you all still have questions.    
Sources: Products included in the kit: Pattern Papers: Webster's Pages, Embellishment: Prima say it in pearls and lace, Pink Paislee Artisan Elements,   Others not included in the kit: Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Stamp Enjoy; Stickers: Prima, Cosmo Cricket, Heidi Swapp; Others: Viva Decor Pearl pen, Accent Creative Designs flowers, Prima flowers, floss for stitching, Tombow and other adhesives.    

9 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Great photo. Like the stamping. Interesting hearing the answers to lo storage questions.

Safo said...

Я в полном восторге!!! Столько солнца и света!!!

STAMP ENJOY said...

Une très belle page avec nos tampons bien mis en valeur. Bravo Irène

Ελευθερία said...

i love this LO!!!
i love all your work...i've been watching you for quite sometime now..but i never left a comment... but this one is wonderfull...
love your techniques...
kisses from Samos-Greece

Carin McDonough said...

Oh my goodness, totally stunning Irene! :)

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! This is just SO awesome! I love the color scheme, love your masking, I just love the whole page! I have two questions for you actually! 1. Is the film strip that you have on the left side a Tim Holtz die, or was that part of the Swirlydoo's package?
2.Do you print all of your pictures out in black and white? Do you do this because it's easier to create pages? Then you don't have to match clothing to paper?! LOL!

Irene Tan aka Scrapperlicious said...

Hi Erin,

First of all, the film strip is part of the design of this pattern paper. Secondly, I do not print all my pictures in black and white. I normally decide how I should print my pictures based on what pattern papers or theme that I'm working on.

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! I love, love, love, love, love the color combinations.
Marcy
mantle@piedmontcenter.com
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

Tomoko said...

This is so soft and beautiful!!!!!!!! Can I get a tutorial from you please!!! LOL!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin