Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Stitching For Fancy Design

This is an easy yet fancy looking design technique. In one of my layout, I've tried to avoid adding flourishes behind my cut-out flowers. But without it, the flowers would look too small and and not interesting at all.

Therefore, I've thought to make it bigger by stitching some straight lines in three different directions using different colours of thread. Before stitching it, I've also mist some ink on that area. This would create an explosion look on the flowers. For more details, I've also added some dimensional pearl in dots of different sizes.

Isn't that fun! Try it!

5 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

Great tip. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!

Tereza Crump said...

really cool effect! thanks for sharing. :)

scrapmomo said...

Superrrrrrbe !

Erin Smetak said...

Oh wow! That IS a really cool technique! I just might have to try that out! Thanks for the tip!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

what a sweet idea, Irene! Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin