Tuesday, September 9, 2008
You're the One that I want
This is a layout of me and Chloe. All these layouts about Chloe these days had really reminded me how time flies! I've gone a little over the board again with some distressing on this page.
Here are the steps:
1) Use a white card stock for the base. Use the scissors distressing technique and the tearing techniques to distress it. Ink it with frayed burlap distress ink. Mask and doodle some circles all around the right and left of the card stock.
2) Add a strip of pattern paper in the center of the layout. Distress the paper with the scissors distressing technique and ink it with vintage photo distress ink.
3) Add another scalloped oval shaped pattern paper on the upper half of the page. Ink it with black soot distress ink.
4) Distress the edges of the photograph using the scissors distressing technique. Tear off and fold down the upper left corner of the photograph and use the "Distressing your Photographs using Hole Punchers" technique and ink all the edges using vintage photo distress ink.
5) Layer some "Magic Mesh" beneath both upper left corner and lower right corner of the photograph.
6) Add a strip of "Clear Tape" below the photograph. Tear a piece of pattern paper and ink it with frayed burlap distress ink. Create a strip of "ruffles" with it and stitch it in place.
7) Cover some chipboard circles with coordinating pattern papers and attach them on the right side of the page.
8) The flowers are cut out from black card stock and later stamped using white pigment ink. I've also added some glitters (Stickles) for some bling.
9) I've cut out some felt swirls from Blueyedezines Fetalicious Felt Ribbon to layer underneath the flowers. I've stitched and use some mini brads to attach it to the layout.
10) The word "One" are chipboard alphas which had been painted with acrylic paint and covered with Ranger crackle accents.
11) I've also created a tag to tuck it on the right, underneath the photograph.
I've been very busy these days with quite a number of assignments which I can share only at a later date.. However, I do hope you all liked what I've created between those busy moments to share it with you all here.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Basic Grey; Stamps: Autumn Leaves, Heidi Swapp, Inkadinkado; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Brilliance; Brads: Making Memories; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Sticker: Basic Grey; Others: Ranger Crackle Accents, Acrylic Paint (Making Memories), Ranger Stickles, Prima Flowers, Blueyedezines Fetalicious Felt Ribbon, lace, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, Prima IOD Clearly Tape, Magic Mesh, ribbons, Glue Dots and other adhesives, floss for stitching.