This is just another Christmas Mail Art that I've created for the swap that I'm in. How I wish I have some of Tim Holtz's Vintage Christmas stamps to create some Mail Arts with. Well, guess I will have to resort to what is available then. Therefore, I've used some free vintage Christmas Clip arts available online.
Here are the steps.
1) Choose a pattern paper as the base for this card. Distress the edges using the scissors distressing technique and ink it with black soot distress ink.
2) Cut out a piece of paper doiley for the right corner of the card and ink it with vintage photo and brushed corduroy distress ink.
3) Stamp a some huge words in the middle of the card using black solvent or pigment ink.
4) Add a strip of pattern paper on the left border of the card and then paste your Christmas images on it.
5) Stamp and doodle on top of the images for more vibrant details. I've also added some glitters to highlight part of the images.
6) Stitch around the card and on the strip of pattern paper on the left of the card.
7) The address box had been created using two scrolls stamp which are stamped onto a separate while card stock and later cut it out. Ink the edges with distress ink and add some glitters for bling.
8) The word "Merry Christmas" had been created using a card stock and a label maker. Then, ink the embossed letters and the edges with distress ink. I've used some white acrylic paints to swipe on the top edges of the title to further distress it. Attach it using two mini brads. I've also use the "Paint to Distress" technique distress all over the card.
9) Add another piece of card stock to cover the back of the card and stamp a journaling box on it for your message to the recipient.
Hope you all like this second mail art from me.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Daisy D's; Stamps: Heidi Swapp, Maya Road, Art Warehouse, Norsk Stempleblad AS; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Adirondack Dyed Ink Pad; Brads: Making Memories; Others: zig pens, Arylic Paint (Making Memories), floss for stitching, Glue Dots and other adhesives.