This is a fun layout about our family's addiction over our new Wii. Select the song "Addicted" on my playlist and study this layout. This is such a fun way to interpret a layout. Since this layout is about a fun addiction. I want to create a funky or whimsical style layout with some twist of my own.
Here are the steps.
1) Use a dark brown card stock as the base of the page. Use the "Printing with Corrugated Paper" technique on the upper edge of the card stock.
2) I've used some left over of my K and Company Blue Awning pattern paper in this layout. Cut out a rectangle piece and distress it using the scissors distressing technique. Ink the edges with frayed burlap distress ink and paste it horizontally in the middle of the page. Randomly stamp, mask and doodle some circles on it.
3) Cut another rectangular piece with a scallop edge from the pattern paper. Attach an eyelet to each scallop. Ink the edges using black soot distress ink. Add a strip of rick rack horizontally over the pattern paper. Layer a thin strip of doodled blue card stock in the middle of it and hand stitch (zig-zag stitches) on one of it's edge. Paste the rectangular piece vertically on the page.
4) Use a piece of notebook paper and distress it using the scissors distressing technique. Ink the edges using vintage photo distress ink and paste it as a layering mat under the small photograph.
5) The huge chipboard arrow had been distressed using the "Distress-your Chipboard using Water" technique and the word "Wii" are cut out from black card stock. I've used some floss to tie on it and added some doodling for more details.
6) Both photographs had been distressed using the scissors distressing technique and the edges had been inked using vintage photo distress ink.
7) The word "Our" had been cut out from a pattern paper and ink with black soot distress ink.
8) All the stars are chipboard which had been painted or covered in pattern paper. I've added doodling and crackle accents to it too. There are various hand stitching to add details to the circles and stars.
9) The skull is a grungeboard element which had been inked with black soot, pine needles and faded jeans distress ink. I've covered some of the diamonds with crackle accents. The word "caution" are done using a label maker and ink with black soot distress ink.
10) The journaling had been printed using computer and cut into strips. All the strips had been inked with vintage photo, pine needles and old paper distress ink.
It's been awhile that I've not created such a funky and fun page. Hope you all like it.
I'll be showing some sneak peeks of my projects for my classes at The Paper & Co Show 2008 in Versailles, France soon.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: K & Company; Stamps: Inkadinkado; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Brads: Making Memories; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Others: Ranger Crackle Accents, Acrylic Paint (Making Memories), Tim Holtz Idea-ology grungeboard element, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, floss for stitching, eyelets, rick racks, Glue Dots and other adhesives, floss for stitching.