Since, so many of you told me that you all liked the songs on my blog, I want to introduce something new to you all. It's studying a layout with feelings through music.
Before you start to look harder on this layout, I hope you all could just go to the playlist on the right of my blog and click on the song, "love paradise" by Kelly Chen. Then, with the lyrics of the song, try to relate it to the layout. It's actually how I felt in the photograph.
Just to share a secret here, this is also how inspirations comes to me. For now on, whenever I post a layout, I will select a song to go with it. I think it makes a more meaningful viewing for you all.
Here are the steps to this layout.
1) Use the reverse side of the "Cinnamon Sugar" pattern paper in the kit as your base for this page. Ink the edges with black soot distress ink.
2) Cut out a huge circle stencil template from scraps. (It's just the negative of a circle masking template). Stenciled the circle using black soot distress ink in the middle slightly towards the left of the page. Use a white doodling pen to draw some circles along the edges and apply some glitter dots (Stickles) to it and around the edges too.
3) Cut out a circle piece from the "Cashmere" Bazzill card stock and distress the edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with black soot and vintage photo distress ink. Layer it over the stenciled circle.
4) Draw another circle in between both layers and use glitters (Stickles), white doodling pen and small circles (use hole puncher to punch out some circles from the "Brilliant White" Bazzill card stock) to dress it up.
5) Cut out a rectangle piece from the reverse side of the "All Spice" pattern paper and ink it with vintage photo distress ink. Paste it under the circles.
6) Cut out a strip with s scallop edge from the "Mocha" pattern paper and ink the edges using black soot distress ink. Paste it to cover the seam between the rectangle piece and the circles.
7) Distress the edges of the photographs using the scissors distressing technique and place it in the middle of the page.
8) Cut out a huge flower from the "All Spice" pattern paper and ink the edges using vintage photo , weathered wood and black soot distress ink. Add some glitter dots (Stickles) for bling and dimensions. Paste it on the lower right of the photograph.
9) Use a chipboard swirl from the American Crafts chipboard accents (included in the kit) and paste it on the upper right of the photograph to give some height to the overall look layout. Add some glitter dots (Stickles) to it for some bling.
10) The flower consist of three layers. Cut out a flower using a template (you can use any normal flowers you have) from the "Mocha" pattern paper for the first layer and ink it with vintage photo distress ink. For the second layer, cut out a flower from the reverse side of the "Periwinkle" pattern paper and ink it with black soot distress ink. For the last layer, cut out a flower from the "Cashmere" Bazzill pattern paper and ink it with black soot distress ink. Curl all the petals using a scissors or twizzer. Attach all three layers together and add a Kaisercarft Self Adhesive Pearl (included in the kit) in the middle of it. Add some glitters (Stickles) to it too. Paste the flower somewhere on the upper right corner of the photograph.
11) Use another chipboard frame from the American Crafts chipboard accents and paste in onto the "Periwinkle" pattern paper and cut it out. Dress it up with four small Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls on each pointed corner of the frame. Paste it on the lower left of the photograph.
12) Apply another Kaisercraft Journaling Spot Rub-on (included in the kit) on the "All Spice" pattern paper and cut it out. Ink the edges with vintage photo distress ink.
13) The word "Love" is actually printed from the computer and cut out. Ink it lightly with pine needles distress ink and attach to the page using some foam adhesives for dimensions. The second part of the title is stamped using black solvent ink.
This is my second wedding layout. Hope you all like it.
Sources: October Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Kaisercraft; Embellishment: Kaisercraft (self adhesive pearls), Kaisercraft Journaling Spot Rub-Ons, American Crafts Chirpboard Accents. Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, foam adhesive, glue dots and other adhesives.