Friday, March 5, 2010

Love Life (Far Flung Craft)

After finishing this layout, I just can't wait to share it with you all. This is my first time using pattern papers from Far Flung Craft. The owner, Kristy, had given me some of their pattern papers to play with when I met her at this Winter CHA.

Their line of pattern papers and embellishments are mostly Asian inspired and very unique in design and colours. The gorgeous colours and patterns could easily make any of your project stand out. The layout above features some of the pattern papers from their "Peranakan" line.

Here are the details.

The title is form using a rub-on and some chipboard alphas.



I've also used the pattern papers to create the flowers for this layout.

I've masked a circle on the upper left corner of the photograph and add a flower in the middle of it.

I've added two strips of ribbons on the right of the photograph.

I've cut out some diamonds from the pattern paper and use it as a border that the bottom of the photograph.

I've stamped the chipboard swirl with some flourish stamp and white gesso. Later, ink it with distress ink. Wipe off the distress ink from the stamped images.

I've masked some flowers and leaves on the left and right of the layout.

Hope you all like this layout. Thank you Kristy for giving me this opportunity to design using Far Flung Craft products.

Sources: Pattern Papers: Far Flung Craft; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: My Stamp Box, Technique Tuesday; Others: Tim Holtz idea-ology mask, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Prima ribbons and flowers, Fancy Pants chipboard swirl, Urban Lily rub-on, gesso, decorative brad, vellum, white gel pen, floss for stitching, Zip Dry, Glue Dots and other adhesives.  

8 comments:

2amscrapper said...

What nice patterns for your artistic style!

Aline Fonseca said...

So beautiful!
The flowers are absolutely gorgeous!
Kisses from Brazil!

Denise said...

Wow Irene..each project just gets prettier!! I love the flowers!

Gunn (Merete) said...

Ohh, this is so beautiful.Great layout and I LOVE the flowers from pattern paper.
Gunn :-D

tania said...

those flowers are so pretty. love it all:)

Ελευθερία said...

it's a fantastic LO!!! i really like the papers but mostly the flowers you've created to embelish it!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful page !!! Your flowers are just amazing !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Kristy said...

Irene,

LOVE what you did! I am going to link you from my blog... THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHOWING WHAT THE FAR FLUNG papers can do!

Kristy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin