Thursday, March 11, 2010

Beautiful

This is a layout that I've created sometime ago to showcase some of the possibilities with Tim Holtz signature products. As most of you know, I do design for Tim Holtz. I have the privilege on getting some of his signature products and play with them. I've used tons of products from Advantus Corp, Ranger Ink and Stampers Anonymous here.

Here are some of the details of the layout.
  

I've cut out a huge circle from a 12"x12" grungepaper and paint it with crackle paint. When it's dry, I've inked it's edges with distress ink and detail it with liquid pearls.
I've stamped a grunge stamp image on the left of the photograph using black archival ink.

I've inked some grugeboard flowers and butterflies with distress ink. I've stamped on the butterflies with black archival ink and dress up the flowers with some liquid pearls.

I've hung up the circle with some metal swivel clasps and add some flowers on the circle. I've layer some paper flowers with some metal foliage.
I've used a border mask to mask a border (fence look) using distress ink, on the bottom of the layout.
I've added some clear charms and a word stick using jump rings and paper clip onto the huge circle. I've stamped each clear fragment with black archival ink and add some handmade paper on it's back.

I've stamped on a grungeboard bird using embossing ink and pour some black embossing powder over it. Tilt the excess and heat it with a heating tool. Heat it in a way that the wing is up. Later, ink it with distress ink and dress it up with Stickles, rhinestone, ribbon and pearl.

Hope this layout had spark an idea or two for you all and start to using these products in a creative way. Happy experimenting!


Source: Pattern papers: My Mind's Eye; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Archival Ink; Stamps: Stampers Anonymous, Prima; Others: Tim Holtz idea-ology grungeboards, grungepaper, mask and metal embellishment, Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Glossy Accents, Prima flowers, ribbon, pearl and rhinestones, Glue Dots and other adhesives.

6 comments:

Olga Solhaug said...

woaw, that's just so wonderful, in style, all those details... I'm in love, Iren! You're MASTER #1 :)

cabbie lopez said...

this is so beautiful! you are so lucky to work with tim holtz! and you deserve to be! anyway, are you still with snr? just wondering.

Ulrika aka LillBlomman said...

How beutiful!!! Love the colours and all the loveley details! Thanks for all inspiration! Hugs!

Chantal van de Kant said...

Love the LO, and love the way you use the Tim Holtz stuff. Great.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Maria Schmidt said...

Wow! That´s a realy great and fantastic LO! Love all the the little and big Ideas on it!
Thank you for sharing it with us!
Warm greetings,
Maria

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love that you used a lot more color in this layout and less heavy on the black that you favor.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin