Friday, October 15, 2010

Punch To Add Details On Flower

Recently, I've been playing with some Clear Scraps acrylic flowers. I was hoping to come up with another way to detail them besides stamping or embossing.

I try to punch some holes on it's petals using a Crop-A-Dile II Big Bite. You can also use a regular Crop-A Dile to do this or any hole puncher that works on acrylic. I've randomly punch some holes of different sizes on it and later highlight it with Copic markers. I really love the effect. If you fancy for some glitter, just use Stickles to add some colours to it instead of the markers. Try this with your acrylic flower!

4 comments:

bethchien said...

wow! gorgeous!

Ms. Jen said...

Thanks! Great idea.

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for this idea! I am currently obsessing over clear embellies, check out what I did with mine and glitter here: http://cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-fancy-friday-playing-with-more.html

www.cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com said...

Oh, and here is another idea for your clear acrylic items with Tim Holtz alcohol inks, embossing folders and stickles. Look at the blue item inside the brown frame: http://cricutcraftyclare.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-puttin-on-some-fancy-pants-designs.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin