Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Paper Layering Flowers

I've received some emails and comments asking me to share the tutorial on this flower which I've used in one of my older layout. I bet some of you had seen or know how to create this flower but just for sharing sake, I've done a simple picture tutorial.

Here are the steps.
1) You need to die-cut or punch out three flowers of the same size. In my sample above, I've just trace a flower onto the pattern paper and cut it out. You could use any kind of flower shape. It's fine to use 5 or 6 petals flower.

2) Cut the flowers as above and ink their edges with distress ink.

 3) Use some adhesives and join the petals to form the different layers. Then use more adhesives to attach all the layers together. Use tweezers to fold and roll the petals down.

4) To add a personal touch to it, you can use glimmer mist, pearl mist, Stickles/Distressed Stickles, glitters, crackle paint, glossy accents, crackle accents, rub-ons, mesh, rhinestones, or you can stamp or heat emboss each layer before attaching them together.

Hope you all understand this simple picture tutorial. Feel free to email me or post a comment here if you all have any questions. Have some flowery fun!

4 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Thank you for yet another terrific technique.
I really like your generosity and willingness to share.
Thank you

An Zeelmaekers said...

great tip!!!! thanks

Lourdes said...

Thanks for sharing your tips!.....

Hugs from Spain

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all your great tips! I just wondered how you acutally managed to glue the petals of this flower together without them overlapping. Did you use a certain glue which is so strong but not messy at all?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin