This is my first project using Queenscraps January Kit. This layout is about how much Chloe loves chocolate flavour. Don't you just love capturing photographs of kids when they're messy....lol!
I love how the pattern papers in this kit works so well with the story of this page.
Here are the steps.
1) Use the "grace" pattern paper from Webster's Pages as the base for this page. Distress the edges using the scissors distressing and the tear in technique. Ink the edges using distress ink.
2) Distress the photographs using the scissors distressing and tear in technique. Ink it with distress ink.
3) Cut out a rectangular piece from the "crushed velvet" pattern paper and distress the edges. Ink it with distress ink. Use this piece to mat the big photograph.
4) Cut out another piece of rectangular with a scallop edge from a "chocolate" card stock and distress the edges. Ink it with distress ink. Punch some holes on the scallops and tie some yarn to it. Use this to mat the piece above. Paste this in the middle of the page.
5) I've stamped a journaling frame using solvent ink on the white card stock and cut it out. The word "yummy!" is hand written using a white gel pen on a black card stock. Paste this onto the stamped journaling frame using foam adhesive. Paste this on the upper right of the big photograph.
6) Use the Heidi Swapp flourish stamp included in the kit and stamp using some solvent ink onto the white card stock. Then, cut it out. Ink the edges with distress ink and paste it on the right of the page.
7) Punch four holes and set some eyelets to it to tie the yarn across the big photograph on the right.
8) Cut out some squares from the white card stock and distress it using the scissors distressing and tear in technique. Ink it with distress ink and use them to mat all the small photographs. I've used 3 gorgeous Karen Foster Jewel brads which are included in the kit to attach them to the page.
9) Stamp some butterflies on the "natural springs" pattern paper and cut it out. Ink the edges with distress ink and add details using white gel pen and Stickles. Stamp another two butterflies onto vellum and cut it out. Use the "Create your own Dimensional Butterflies" technique on the butterflies and layer the butterflies with the vellum butterfly on the bottom.
10) The word "Chocolaty" are hand written using a black pen.
This is such a yummy layout! I can't resist eating some chocolate ice-cream after completing this page. Hope you all will too...lol!
Sources: January Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: American Crafts; Pattern Paper: Webster's Pages; Embellishments: Karen Foster Jewel Brads, Heidi Swapp flourish stamp; Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Stickles, Making Memories and Art Warehouse Stamps, eyelets, zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, yarn, Helmar glue, glue dots and other adhesives.