This is another layout on Ryan. I've tried the groovy doodling technique in this layout. The title is definitely inspired by his looks in the photograph. Don't you think he just shines there. So with the word "sunshine" to resembles "son shines", there goes my title.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Firstly, I've masked various semi circles on the right border of the page and doodled some groovy semi circles on it.
2) The white layer in the center is a handmade paper from DMD which I've torn the edges and stitched it down to the page.
3) I've distressed the photograph using the scissors technique.
4) I've added some masking of numbers behind the photograph. I've used the number 1 to 5 since Ryan is about 5 now.
5) I've also masked a huge circle around the photograph and stitched another circles overlapping it. To add more layers, I've doodled a circle on a white card stock and cut it out to layer on top of the photograph.
6) All the stars are mainly chipboard and grungeboard. For the chipboard stars, I've covered them with various pattern papers or painted them. I've added some glossy accents to the white coloured stars. I've also added some grungeboard stars which I've inked and added glossy accents on the swirls.
7) I've masked a small white circle to write part of my title. I've used a foam circle to outline the circle too.
8) I've hand drawn the word "sunshine" to create the "ghost" letter effect so as not to block out the masked numbers behind it.
This is such a fun layout and it's also my first time in doing some groovy doodling. I love the effect and I think it's awesome for a boy's page.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey, DMD, Hot Off The Press (Paper Pizazz); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Hampton Art Doodlebug; Rub-Ons: Urban Lily; Others: Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Glossy accents (Ranger), buttons, chipboard (Fancy Pants), acrylic paints (Making Memories), grungeboard.