Saturday, June 21, 2008

UR My Sunshine











This is another layout on Ryan. I've tried the groovy doodling technique in this layout. The title is definitely inspired by his looks in the photograph. Don't you think he just shines there. So with the word "sunshine" to resembles "son shines", there goes my title.

Here are the steps to it.

1) Firstly, I've masked various semi circles on the right border of the page and doodled some groovy semi circles on it.

2) The white layer in the center is a handmade paper from DMD which I've torn the edges and stitched it down to the page.

3) I've distressed the photograph using the scissors technique.

4) I've added some masking of numbers behind the photograph. I've used the number 1 to 5 since Ryan is about 5 now.

5) I've also masked a huge circle around the photograph and stitched another circles overlapping it. To add more layers, I've doodled a circle on a white card stock and cut it out to layer on top of the photograph.

6) All the stars are mainly chipboard and grungeboard. For the chipboard stars, I've covered them with various pattern papers or painted them. I've added some glossy accents to the white coloured stars. I've also added some grungeboard stars which I've inked and added glossy accents on the swirls.

7) I've masked a small white circle to write part of my title. I've used a foam circle to outline the circle too.

8) I've hand drawn the word "sunshine" to create the "ghost" letter effect so as not to block out the masked numbers behind it.
This is such a fun layout and it's also my first time in doing some groovy doodling. I love the effect and I think it's awesome for a boy's page.

Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey, DMD, Hot Off The Press (Paper Pizazz); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Hampton Art Doodlebug; Rub-Ons: Urban Lily; Others: Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Glossy accents (Ranger), buttons, chipboard (Fancy Pants), acrylic paints (Making Memories), grungeboard.

18 comments:

cabbie lopez said...

this is so awesome!! i have always admired your works because your style really is definitely a thumbs up!

Christina Carnoy said...

gorgeous-looks like you're blending some of the new styles in a little with your classic awesome look. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Lovely page.I like it as everythings you do.

Blue

Marsha said...

Awesome doodling!!! The title ROCKS and I love the masking! Beautiful picture of Ryan too, he does look like sunshine.

Tonya said...

I really like the blue stars with the orange paper. The outline of sunshine is cool too.

Ying Pang, said...

I can see you have a little bit changes in your style, some bright color have been used, but it's also GREAT!!!!!!!

Jane F. Smith said...

Just gorgeous girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pages are really amazing, I enjoy looking at them all the time.
Thanks for sharing....

Mescrap said...

This is so beautiful !

Marsha K. said...

I love love love this Irene!! The colors are fantastic - I love how you've done all the stars!

Carla said...

Great job on this lay out, what a cutie!

Unknown said...

Groovy doodles! You´ve made it absoulutely perfect!! Love the handwritten title aswell! GREAT work PT!! You´re the BEST!!

Beate said...

You are fantastic! I absolutely love your work! Thanks for sharing

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

that is a totally lushy LO, love the details

Susan Stringfellow said...

A frien linked me to your beautiful blog and I am so glad! I am very inspired by all that you do and I cant wait to give some of these techniques a try on my layouts! Thanks for making me feel like I am not the only one who spends hours on layouts anymore.:)

suz

dutchbird said...

I love that zebra print with the background color! Beautiful lo!

Merel

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layouts I Love the art in it!!!! Greetings from the netherlands

dragonflys said...

the colors are so stunning on this page the design is awesome

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin