This is a layout about a shoe that both me and her dad could not resist buying it for her. Isn't this the cutest thing ever? The inspiration of the page came from the look of the shoe and the colours on it. This shoe reminds me of a girl wearing it running around in the country side which indirectly links my mind to soft colours of nature. Therefore the idea of using some handmade paper from DMD, just floats in my mind.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've actually done of bubble wrapper printing and gesso card scraping technique behind the photograph. I've also use a punched paper to create a reverse look of the bubble wrapper printing to layer on the lower left corner of the photograph.
2) I've used a clear paintables from Prima to layer over the photograph and later use the "Paint to Distress" technique to distress it.
3) Some of the circles are covered using handmade paper from DMD and some are covered with crackle accents. I've also added a circle which I've cut out from a transparency and painted the edges with pink acrylic paint.
4) The swirls are actually felt fusion from Queen & Co.
5) I've also added a strip of handmade paper which I've torn on one edge and inked it using distress ink.
6) Then I've hand stitched across it. The word "Resist" are covered with crackle accents too.
I love this layout very much as it brings out the soft side of my style.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Imagination Project, DMD,Hot Off The Press (Paper Pizazz); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Brads: Making Memories; Others: Clear Paintables (Prima Merketing), Zig pens, Crackle accents (Ranger), eyelets, rick racks, buttons, transparency, felt fusion (Queen & Co), flowers (Prima Marketing), gesso (Folkart), acrylic paints (Making Memories).