Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How To Resist?













This is a layout about a shoe that both me and her dad could not resist buying it for her. Isn't this the cutest thing ever? The inspiration of the page came from the look of the shoe and the colours on it. This shoe reminds me of a girl wearing it running around in the country side which indirectly links my mind to soft colours of nature. Therefore the idea of using some handmade paper from DMD, just floats in my mind.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've actually done of bubble wrapper printing and gesso card scraping technique behind the photograph. I've also use a punched paper to create a reverse look of the bubble wrapper printing to layer on the lower left corner of the photograph.
2) I've used a clear paintables from Prima to layer over the photograph and later use the "Paint to Distress" technique to distress it.
3) Some of the circles are covered using handmade paper from DMD and some are covered with crackle accents. I've also added a circle which I've cut out from a transparency and painted the edges with pink acrylic paint.
4) The swirls are actually felt fusion from Queen & Co.
5) I've also added a strip of handmade paper which I've torn on one edge and inked it using distress ink.
6) Then I've hand stitched across it. The word "Resist" are covered with crackle accents too.
I love this layout very much as it brings out the soft side of my style.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Imagination Project, DMD,Hot Off The Press (Paper Pizazz); Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Brads: Making Memories; Others: Clear Paintables (Prima Merketing), Zig pens, Crackle accents (Ranger), eyelets, rick racks, buttons, transparency, felt fusion (Queen & Co), flowers (Prima Marketing), gesso (Folkart), acrylic paints (Making Memories).

16 comments:

**luci** said...

this is just stunning, love the close-ups

luci

paulien710 said...

Oh wow Irene, This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I love all the techniques you've used.... You have an amazing style of scrapping!!!!!

btw...... Love those shoes!!! lol

Tonya said...

This is so stunning. I really like the photo with the colors. So pretty.

Tereza Crump said...

Oh, Irene!! you are amazing!! I think I have seen the best of your layouts and then you come up with another one!! I think I check your blog daily!! LOL OH, Lord!!! this one is gorgeous!!!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow that is absolutely stunning!!!

Julie said...

Just love all the detail you put int oyour pages. Stunning work.

Mescrap said...

Beautiful LO.

dutchbird said...

Beautiful! It always comes together so pretty!

Anonymous said...

ciao, vedo sempre i tuoi lavori e credo siano meravigliosi!!!!!!!
Complimenti un bacio tutto italiano...

francesca

Danice said...

Hiya, I saw this layout in the Xpressions gallery - and its the first time I've ever gone as far as wanting to totally scraplift it! its a gorgeous layout!
thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Great details! Cute footsies, too. =)

Carla said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lay out!

Anonymous said...

I love your job....
neusinha fusco Brasil

Neusinha said...

I love your job...
neusinha fusco

Anonymous said...

Your creations are so beautiful !!

dragonflys said...

ten of the cutest toes ever lol the softness of this layout is so elegant
awesome work one this one irene

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin