Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Princess










Here's a layout that I've created for a contest at Serendipity.com. It's a challenge on using Ranger/Tim Holtz's products. As most of you might know, I'm a big fan of these products and can't simply control myself to give this contest a try.
The story behind this layout is about how much Chloe had been a "princess" in our family's life. She is a princess that is always looking forward to grow up fast. This can be resemble by the big bloom that she is looking upon.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've not used any pattern paper here. I've only used card stocks and inks to create all the layers here. I've used lots of distress inks (Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks ~ shabby shutters, black soot, peeled paint, frayed burlap, old paper, tattered rose, fired bricks) on this layout.
2) The strip on the left of the layout is creating using the "Water Distressing" technique.
3) I've masked the two layers underneath the photograph and also added a layer of "the reverse look of bubble wrapper painting" there. For some journaling, I've added a tag underneath the photograph too.
4) The flourishes border on the left of the photograph had been stamped using embossing ink (Ranger Emboss It) and heat embossed using some gold embossing powders (Ranger Embossing Pearls ~ silver) on black card stock. I've added some glitters (Ranger Stickles ~ gold) for details.
5) I've used the "Gesso Distressing" technique on the bottom of the layout.
6) The "O" on the left of the layout had been painted with acrylic paint ( Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber) and stamped on using some dye ink (Ranger Adirondack Ink Pad ~ Pitch Black).
7) The crown/tiara are actually a grungeboard (Tim Holtz Idea-ology Element~harlequin) that I've inked with distress ink (Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany, Black Soot) )and added some crackle accents (Ranger Inkssentials Crackle Accents) on it. I've also added some beads and crystals for details.
8) The transparent flowers are created using transparency which I've cut out the layers and paint on the edges using acrylic paints and doodled dots to it.
9) The red and green flowers are actually alcohol inked vellum. I've used various alcohol inks from Ranger (cranberry, meadow, oregano, expresso, butterscotch, silver mixatives, blending solution) to stamped (Ranger Alcohol Ink Applicator) on a white vellum and later cut the flowers using it. I've used some glossy accents (Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents) to create the dew drops using the "Freshen Up your Flowers" technique.

I'm always inspired by lots of products from Ranger and Tim Holtz. Hope you all like this.
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Emboss It, Ranger Adirondack, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Ranger Blending Solution; Stamps: Autumn Leaves and Prima Marketing; Rub-Ons: Basic Grey; Others: Glitters (Ranger Stickles), Ranger Inkssentials Crackle Accents, Ranger Inksssentials Glossy Accents, Ranger Alcohol Ink Applicator, Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, ribbon, chipboard(Basic Grey), acrylic paints (Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabber and Making Memories), grungeboard (Tim Holtz Idea-ology), eyelets, brads, crystals, beads.
Note:
By the way, I've some readers who actually emailed me asking me about having a subscription tool on my blog. I've actually added that now and hope that this will ease some of you in checking out my latest news or work. I don't know if it works or not. If you have any problems at all, do let me know.

22 comments:

Renata Moni said...

Wonderful! Love each detail!!!
Have a nice day!!!

Unknown said...

Irene! If you don´t win that contest I don´t know who will!! I love the way you use your inks and wow did you make a gorgeous page again! *hugs* Pia

Marsha said...

Love the flowers you made with the alcohol inks! Beautiful layout, you are a shoe in to win!!! Chloe is such a pretty princess

Marsha said...

Love the flowers you made with the alcohol inks! Beautiful layout, you are a shoe in to win!!! Chloe is such a pretty princess

Anonymous said...

wow! This project is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This LO is absolutely wonderful!! You must win the contest!! Good luck!!

www.veronikap.blogg.se

Candi Ladwig said...

Wow!!! I thought this was digital at first! It is beautiful! You do awesome work!

Anonymous said...

You sure won my very own contest: beautifull distressing!
I always get so inspired and just can't seem to stop 'reading' your lay-outs (read: to examine every little detail).
I especially love the dew drops!
never thought of that actually!!
and just discovering alcoholinks the vellumtechnique's sure one to keep in mind :)
greetz from Belgium
ps: So glad to read I am not the only one having coldturkeysymptoms when NOT using Rangerproduts! :)

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

WOW, that is a totally beautiful LO, really gorgeous.

truskawkaM said...

:O this is fantastic !!

beauty ! :)

Þórunn said...

oh I just wish I had just a part of your talent!!! Your work is simply stunning!!!

Tonya said...

wow, this is beautiful. I really love the clear elements.

paulien710 said...

Oh my goodness Irene.......
This is sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
I just love all those stunning techniques you've used. (why are you living so far away???? I wanna learn so much from you) The pic is just awesome and those flowers....yummie love the transparancy flowers so much... and inked vellum... that idea didn't crossed my mind... they look awesome!!!

TesaB said...

It's scrapalicious!!! Totally adorable and totally wonderful! LOVE all the beautiful little details as always! You sure are in your element, using your Ranger-products! LOL! Good luck on the competition!!! HUGS!

Stine66 said...

I have given you an AWARD - see more on my homepage. You are on the the TOP 10 scrapper list , in the world. ( in my oppinion).
Many regards from Denmark
- Stine
www.stinebyager.eu

Karen Lambert said...

BREATHTAKING!!! Thankyou for your inspiration.

Mireia Sala said...

Dear Irene, it's a few time that I discovered your blog... but I love every scrap you do... your work it's wonderful.
I wish I can do something like this one day.
Best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I Love your Job!!!!neusinha fusco

Marsha K. said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!!!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

just love what you do. You have great talent, no doubt!

dragonflys said...

this layout is to die for i sooooooooooooo love it

Anonymous said...

Superbe réalisation, bravo !!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin