This is a layout about our Christmas in 2007. I actually love this photograph of Ryan and Chloe not looking at the camera. They look so natural and carefree. I've actually tried to use the traditional Christmas colours in this layout. Sorry for the bad photographs though as it's difficult to take decent pictures on transparency.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've used a huge circle shaped pattern paper to layer behind the photograph. I've used the scissors technique and the inking technique to distress this pattern paper.
2) Then I've hand stitched another circle overlapping the pattern paper. I've also used a red card stock which I've punched out holes all over it to create a negative look of a bubble wrapper printing design.
3) I've used the "Create Your Own Mini Overlay" technique to create the two squares on the upper right of the layout and attached them down using mini brads and glue dots.
4) I've also distressed the edges of the photograph using the scissors technique. I've used two grungeboard hinges which I've inked and covered with crackle accents, to embellished the right side of the photograph. On the left, is a hidden tag with a quote.
5) I've also used some transparency to create some snowflakes. I've later doodled on it and painted the edges red too. To add some gold colour, I've heat embossed some snowflakes using gold embossing powder on black card stock and cut it out.
6) I've used a black flowery lace to layer underneath the snowflakes.
This is such a fun layout. I'm don't often create festive pages and I must say that I've missed doing it..LOL! Hope you all like it!
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic, Pattern Papers: DaisyD's, Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Ranger Emboss It, Stamps: Norsk Stempelblad AS, Making Memories, Art Warehouse, Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Heidi Grace, Brads: Making Memories, Others: Lace, Thickers (American Crafts), Zig pens, uni-ball signo gel pen, grungeboard, Crackle accents (Ranger), rhinestones, ribbon, acrylic paints (Making Memories).