Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yummy Mini Album (Back of Front Cover & Page 1) (Tutorial #2)

How's everyone coping with the first tutorial? It's easy right? I did not heard back from most of you. Perhaps you all are enjoying your Memorial Weekend. Today's tutorial would be on the steps to create the back of the front cover and page 1 of the Yummy Mini Album.

Follow the steps below.

Back of front cover:

1) Trace the bottom of the cupcake shape onto a piece of beige textured card stock. Cut it out. Ink it's edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink using a foam. If you have a Cut N' Dry foam, you can use it.

2) Use some small flowers stamps to stamp two flowers on the piece in step (1). You can use black pigment ink, dye ink or solvent ink for this. Stamp on it's left. Decorate the flowers with some Crystal and Magenta Stickles.

3) Attach it to the acrylic piece and cover the top of the card stock with a pink trim.

Page 1:

1) Cover a piece of Clear Scraps mini acrylic cupcake with an olive cardstock. Simply just trace the cupcake shape onto the cardstock and cut it out. Ink it's edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and attach it to the acrylic piece.

2) Place the acrylic piece on top of your photograph and trace it's shape onto the photograph. Cut it out. (Tip: Try to print your photograph smaller (approx. 2.5"x2.5") or you can use thumb prints too) Attach it to the acrylic piece.

3) Use the Magenta Stickles to doodle a rectangular frame around the subject in the photograph. (Tip: This would help to pull some attention to the main focus of the page)

4) Trace the bottom left of the cupcake shape onto a paper doiley and cut it out. Ink it with some Tattered Rose Distress Ink using a foam or the ink blending tool. Cover the whole piece of the paper doiley with the ink. Attach it to the page. Cover it with another layer of Glossy Accents. Let it dry.

5) I've attached a fabric tab sticker from EKSuccess on the right of the photograph. If you don't have any fabric tab sticker, you could use chipboard tab or even create your own tab from cardstock or pattern paper. Use your creativity and add some colours and fun details on it. I've decorate the edges of the fabric tab sticker with dots of liquid pearls. (Stickles would work fine on this too)

6) Stamp your word or sentiment for this page with Saddle Brown solvent ink (Staz On) or any colour pigment/solvent ink you wish onto a white card stock. Cut it out. Ink it's edges with peeled Paint Distress Ink. Attach it on the lower left of the page using foam adhesives or pop dots.

Here you go. The tutorial # 2 on my Yummy Mini Album. Please feel free to post it here, email me or post it on the chatbox on the lower right of my blog if you have any questions or wish to share your finished page with me. You could upload a pic of your project on photobucket.com, your blog or any online gallery and link it here. I would love to take a look at it.
Keep an eye tomorrow for the tutorial #3! Just to get you all ready, get yourself some small stamps (a word stamp and small flowers), a button, orange or yellow Magic Mesh and punch out some small crafting foam dots (pink).

Recently, I've seen so many of these cool guestbook widgets everywhere and decided to add one to my blog too. Feel free to sign on it. Happy creating!!!

Sources: Clear Products: Clear Scraps; Card Stock: Bazzill; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stickers: EKSuccess; Others: Ranger Stickles, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Ranger Glossy Accents, trim, paper doiley, Zip Dry, Glue Dots, Helmar Glue and other adhesives.

5 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Irene, I did do yesterdays front cover and I love it. I ended up going shopping at one of the LSS's yesterday afternoon and bought new paper to use on this book so I didn't finish it until late last night. Still have to photograph it and post to my blog.

Anonymous said...

My cover page is ready - YAY! check it out at http://sharingmydaze.typepad.com

Now, I must get to work on the next part :)

Unknown said...

oh I wish I could join you all, don't have a clear mini album, but with this tutorial I'll try as soon as I can get my hands on it! our local shop doesn't have the album and buying from clear scraps site is way too expensive in shipping costs! I'll have to be patient! greetz! Nancy

No Name said...

Wow... Thanks so much for sharing this tutorial!
You are very talented! And your work is amazing!

I thought, since you like crafts... you might enjoy this website, in order to store all your craft supplies and keep your stuff organized.

Just visit: TheOriginalScrapbox
You should check it out!
They have amazing stuff! :)

Clear Cards said...

Thanks for the post. You overall blog is really nice. I hope so the visitors get lots of inspiration from your blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin