This is just a fun gift bag that I've created to put some gifts inside for some of my friends in Sweden. It's a very simple process to create this gift bag. I've actually been sent a gift bag by a friend of mine and I've decided to create my versions of it. I've actually scanned down the template for this gift bag. IF you wish to create one for your personal use, email me for the template.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Trace the template down onto a pattern paper. (Tip: make sure the pattern paper is thick enough to create a sturdy gift bag for your gift)
2) Before you fold it up, make sure you attach a strip of ribbon through the top of the flap as the sling for your bag and cut another piece of paper to cover the area where you attach your ribbon in the inside.
3) Ink all the edges of the bag with distress ink and fold it up.
4) I've added a small piece of velcro on the flap so that it can be close and open easily.
5) Cut out an oval piece from a card stock and use the "Crayon Resist" technique to create the inked piece.
6) Mat it on an oval felt piece and add some liquid pearls for details. I've further mat both pieces on a scalloped oval card stock which I've inked the edges using vintage photo distress ink.
7) Hand stitch a strip of lace on the edges of the flap and later add the oval piece as above to it.
8) Add a flower on the left of the oval piece.
9) Stamp the word "enjoy" using some solvent ink on a card stock and mat it onto another piece of card stock and ink the edges using vintage photo distress ink. I've used some liquid pearls to doodle a flower on it and add a crystal to embellish it.
10) Lastly, cut out a tag from the same pattern paper and use some liquid pearls to embellish it too. Write your message on it and tie it to the sling of the gift bag.
These gift bags are really cute and I bet any of your friends would love to receive their gifts in it. Try it!
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Ki Memories; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Others: Prima lace, Prima flowers, Ranger Liquid Pearls, Blueyedezines Fetalicious Felt Frames, velcro, zig pens, ribbon, floss for stitching, glue dots and other adhesives.