Sunday, November 2, 2008

"Thoughts of You" gift bag










Here's another gift bag that I've created. If you wish to create one for your personal use, email me for the template.
Here are the steps to it.
1) Trace the template down onto a pattern paper. (Tip: make sure the pattern paper is thick enough to create a sturdy gift bag for your gift)
2) Before you fold it up, make sure you attach a strip of ribbon through the top of the flap as the sling for your bag and cut another piece of paper to cover the area where you attach your ribbon in the inside.
3) Ink all the edges of the bag with distress ink and fold it up.
4) I've added a small piece of Velcro on the flap so that it can be close and open easily.
5) Stamp some flourishes on the flap and hand stitch a strip of lace on the edge of the flap.
6) Add a flower on the middle of the flap. I've also added a cut out stamped image underneath the flower. Use some liquid pearls to dress it up.Hand stitch a strip of lace on the edges of the flap. and later add the oval piece as above to it.
7) Stamp and heat embossed the word "Thoughts of You" using some gold embossing powder on a black card stock and mat it onto a piece of white card stock and ink the edges using vintage photo distress ink.
8) Lastly, cut out a tag from the same pattern paper and use some liquid pearls to embellish it too. Write your message on it and tie it to the sling of the gift bag.
Hope you all like my second version of gift bag which is a little more vintage look.

Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: SEi; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Emboss It, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Autumn Leaves; Others: Prima flowers, Ranger Liquid Pearls, embossing powder, Velcro, zig pens, ribbon, floss for stitching, glue dots and other adhesives.

16 comments:

Daniela A. said...

Great Irene, I love alla your creations... kisses from Italy!!

Anonymous said...

I like yours gift bag, Irene.

I thank you.

Chantal

razlin said...

wow, its beautiful. Got to try to make it one day!!

SisterMary said...

I would love to have the template. Thanks for all your great ideas!

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful!! I love that you are always so willing to share your projects right down to teaching how to do it! You are very creative and I love seeing your process. THANKS!!!

Karina Beck said...

Very very nice.

Mary said...

What a great idea! I love all of your intricate little details.

Becky Moore said...

WOW! This is another great bag! You do such phenomenal work! Thanks for sharing with us.

Jennifer Dove said...

this is beautiful. i would love to give it a try. my email is jennifer at just4funcrafts dot com. thank you

paulien710 said...

Ohhhhh, this looks so awesome!!!!

I would love to try it out sometime.

You are so full of inspiration...

TFS

Ying Pang, said...

beautiful!! you don't mind do one for me ?? hehe

Anonymous said...

It is super ! Very nice ! I love it !

Mescrap said...

This is so beautiful !! Seems real.

Carla said...

OMG that is just adorable....

Anonymous said...

You are so full of information! i would love to be doing the things you do!
This is so so gorgeous! its so chic and vintagey and that is my style.
I would definitely love to give this a try!

I think you are incredible! and i cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve next!

Lovely!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! I like your gift bag.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin