Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Miss You Card











This card is another of my project for Clear Scraps. I’ve used Clear Scraps Acrylic sheets to create this card. I love the versatility of these acrylic sheets. You can customize them into any shape and sizes. Here's a link to the product.

Here are the steps to this card.
1) Cut out a piece of Clear Scraps acrylic sheet for the base of the card. This card measures about 6" x 7.5 "
2) Use the "Masking using Acrylic Paints on Acrylics" technique to create the masked borders on the left of the card.
3) Cut out a scallop edge rectangular piece from a pattern paper and ink the edges using distress ink. Paste it on the upper half of the card. Doodle some stitches on it using a black pen such as Zig Writer.
4) Use the remaining of the same Clear Scraps acrylic sheet, cut out a shape small piece from it. I've used a Teresa Collins journaling tag to trace the shape onto the acrylic sheet before cutting it out. Use some EK Success Zig Painty to add some colours to it by outlining the edges of this piece. I've sued some paper doiley to create the ruffles on it.
5) Use the small shape piece above to trace it onto a pink card stock and a slightly bigger version of the shape on a green card stock as a mat. Cut them out and ink the edges using distress ink. Paste both pieces together and place it slightly overlapping the rectangular pattern paper on the card.
6) Punch some holes and add some eyelets to the card for attaching the small acrylic piece to the card in the middle. I've used a string to secure it in place.
7) The "I Miss You" word are actually a die cut piece from a good friend of mine.
8) I've used the "Circle Flowers" technique to create the flowers at the bottom of the card.
9) Lastly, finish the card off by attaching a strip of Magic Mesh and rick rack at the bottom border of the card.

There are so many ways you can use these acrylic sheets. You can even create a mini album using it. This is definitely a must have for all acrylic lovers!
Sources: ClearScraps Acrylic Sheet; Card Stock: Coredinations, Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink; Stamps: Autumn Leaves; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, EK Success Zig Painty, Magic Mesh, Making Memories Acrylic Paints, rick racks, eyelets, paper doiley, Helmar Glue, Zip Dry and Glue Dots.

12 comments:

melle said...

Hello from Germany!
Whow! That is such an great card - I love it!

Melanie

Margy said...

This card is fantastic! Thank you for sharing another wonderful creation with us!

Jocelyn said...

Stunning!!!!! This is so beautiful! If I received a card like this, I would treasure it forever. I saw your card in the CK magazine. It took some searching but I did see it! Congrats!

Kathy said...

a beautiful card!

Carla said...

WOW....what a fabulous card. Ok so......Im getting ready to work on some of these clear cards myself.....and I just want you to know that since you ROCK with work, I will be coming to your BLOG for inspiration............

Unknown said...

Love the eyelets and the lace! Gorgeous!

dutchbird said...

The card looks amazing!

You've been awarded! please check out my blog for info!

Merel

Mireia Sala said...

Very very nice !!
And the effect of the acrylic is magic !!

3left Feet said...

I LOVE this!!! Those circle flowers are killer!!

SharonDB said...

Another stunning project w/ incredible detail. Beautiful work! :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous gorgeous.. very pretty!!

Arianna said...

That's so beautiful and the flowers are fantastic!
Arianna

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin