This is an altered project that reflect the 2008 review of my family. It's yet the biggest project that I've done this year. It took me almost 2 days to finish this off....lol! Well, I'm not that good with altering. I've used the Doodlebug Designs Inc's large chipboard house to alter. I've included bits and pieces of happenings in my family during 2008 on the walls of the house.
Here are the details.
1) Wrap the walls of the house using black card stocks. Use some Dottie Ann Magic Mesh and white acrylic paint to stencil some dots all over the walls. Then I use a brown strip to cover the bottom of the house (ink it with distress ink).
2) I've used some pattern papers to create some curtains from the inside of the house (ink the edges of the pattern papers with distress ink).
3) Use some pattern papers to create planter boxes, shade and shutters for the windows. I've added details such as hinges for shutters (created using the "Creating your Faux Metal Pieces" technique and add some liquid pearls to it)and stamping on the shutters. I've also added some flowers on each planter box. I've inked some small flowers with distress ink and add liquid pearls and crystals to it. For the stems, I've used some black crafting wires. I've also used some Hambly Screen Prints overlays which I've cut out the circles to create flowers. Use the "Freshen Up your Flowers" technique on all the flowers.
4) Cover the door with pattern paper and create a stair way with pattern paper too. Ink all edges with distress ink. I've added a real hinges for the door with some brads and a screw brad for the door knob. I've also added a small key as embellishment. I've added a picture tile (all pictures had been backed with a piece of chipboard for dimension and inked on the edges with distress ink) and a screw to decorate the stair way.
5) To create the flower pot holder, simple just use a corner stamp and stamp on some black card stock twice and cut it out. Paste both pieces together. Poke a hole and attach the jump rings to it. To create the flower pot, roll some pattern paper to a cone shape and fill it up with some flowers. Use some twines to tie it to the holder.
6) I've cut out strips of pattern paper with scallop edge to paste onto the roof. Ink the edges of the strips and slightly bend the scallop edges up before attaching it to the roof. Cut out more scallop strips to create some rain shades on the edges of the roof.7) For the chimney, cover it with black card stock which had been stamped with a musical notes stamp using white acrylic paint. Then use some pattern papers to cover the top of the chimney. Ink the edges with distress ink and add a rick rack to dress it up. To decorate the top of the chimney, I've used a crafting wire to create the heart shape for holding the transparency. I've also added some picture tiles on it and some metal embellishments. The "review" word had been stamped onto a chipboard piece using solvent ink and later inked with distress ink. Use some brads to embellish it and paste it to the chimney.
8) Paste all pictures onto small squares of chipboard and ink the edges with distress ink. Use it to cover most of the walls of the house.
9) I've also created some stamped and inked tiles for the wall of the house. The ones above are done by stamping on the tiles using solvent ink and later inked it with distress ink. Use the "Water Distressing" technique on it.
10) For the crown and the clock stamped tile, I've used the "Crayon Resist" technique to create it.
This project is one of the most fun and interesting project that I've created this year. Instead of the traditional layout based year in review, I've decided to give a little twist to it and do an altered house for this instead. I actually have more ideas on doing year in review projects in 3D and hope I could have more time to do it. Perhaps you all could come up with a more interesting ideas for your year in review projects. Have fun creating!
Sources: Doodlebug Designs Inc (chipboard house); Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Heidi Grace, Purple Onion Design, Making Memories; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, EK Success Zig Painty, Magic Mesh, Making Memories Acrylic Paints, Hambly Screen Prints overlays, metal embellishments, Blueyedezines and Prima Marketing flowers, chipboards, white crayon, brads, rick racks, Helmar Glue, Zip Dry and Glue Dots.