This is my third and final project as the guest designer for Purple Onion Designs. It's a four flaps open up card. It's all done using just a piece of pattern paper as the base.
Here are the steps:
1) Use a piece of pattern paper (preferably a 2 sided pattern paper) as the base. The middle of the card measures 6"x6". Just score the lines in all four sides with each flap measuring 3" x 6". Cut off all the extras on the corners of the pattern paper.
2) Ink all the edges using some distress ink and fold them up.
3) Use two pieces of the left over pattern paper and hand stitch some stitches around the edges and distress the edges using the scissors distressing technique. Ink it with distress ink and paste it in the first two flaps in front of the card.
4) Stamp a small tag onto a white card stock and cut it out. Ink it with distress ink and write your theme on it. Mat it with a black card stock. Paste it in the lower right corner of the card.
5) Before creating the front center piece for the card, stamp some music notes using solvent ink on the middle flaps of the card.
6) Print a quote or poem from the computer and cut it out using a decorative scissors . Ink the edges using distress ink and mat it onto another card stock. Distress all edges using the scissors distressing technique. Stamp some images on it using solvent ink. Paste it on the right middle flap of the card.
7) I've also stamped a music note background in the middle of the card. Then, stamp a journaling box and cut it out. Ink it with distress ink and paste it in the middle of the card. Add a flower with some liquid pearls and Stickles to it.
8) With the other layers all done, now we need to do the front center piece. Use a paper doiley as the base for this piece. Ink it with distress ink. Use a small stamp to stamp around it using solvent ink and add details to it using liquid pearls and Stickles.
9) Use a chipboard ring and paint it using black acrylic paint. Stamp some flourishes on it using a white pigment or solvent ink. Add liquid pearls on the inner edges of the ring. Paste it on top of the paper doiley.
10) Cut out a smaller circle from a card stock and stamp an image on it using solvent ink. Use the "Crayon Resist" technique to ink it. Then stamp another image using solvent ink on a white card stock and cut it out. Paste it using a foam adhesive or pop dots on top of the stamped image of the circle piece. Dress it up with some Stickles and white doodling pen. Paste the circle in the middle of the paper doiley.
11) Attach only the upper half of the center piece to the upper flap in front of the card. While attaching, add a string under it and have it going around the back until it comes up from the bottom of the card on the lower front flap of the card. Tie the string to secure the flaps in place.
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill; Pattern Papers: K and Company; Inks: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps:Purple Onions Designs; Others: Ranger Liquid Pearls, Making Memories Acrylic Paint, Prima flower, Zig Writers, Uni-ball signo white gel pen, Ranger Stickles, paper doiley, string, Helmar Glue and Glue Dots.