Friday, July 25, 2008

My Family My Home











Since I'm a little busy with my acrylic projects, I thought I would create a fast layout to share with all of you for the time being. This layout is about the three most important people in my life. They are my family. I just love that pick seeing three of them together walking at a park. Since it's summer now, I just thought it would be great to share a layout with an outdoor activity that my family loves.
The inspirations for the colours and design are all from my interpretation of the park on that day. Lots of flowers and greens everywhere.
Here are the steps to it.
1) I've masked and stenciled various circles on the background pattern paper.
2) I've also masked and stamped on the strip of red pattern paper on the bottom of the page.
3) I've also used the "Freshen Up your Flowers" technique on the flowers.
4) I've hand stitched a circle with some diamonds shapes in between on the background.
5) The swirls or flourishes are actually die-cuts from a very good friend of mine.
This is a rather simple layout compared to most of my layouts but I love how it turned out.
Sources: Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Pattern Paper: Basic Grey, Scenic Route; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Tsukineko Staz On, Hampton Art; Stamps: Heidi Swapp, Prima Marketing, Autumn Leaves; Rub-Ons: Basic Grey; Brads: Making Memories; Others: Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Zig Pens, flower (prima), Glossy accents (Ranger).

16 comments:

Kathy said...

beautiful work!

CatherineS said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the masking!

Jane F. Smith said...

Irene you can make even a simply LO look just amazing!!! This is simply stunning!!!!

finnabair said...

It's hard not to love this work - the stenciled circles on the BG paper are simply beautiful... the colours, the photo - it's all a masterpiece :)

Creative Busy Bee said...

Its so beautiful!!!

Marsha K. said...

Gorgeous Irene!! Love the picture!

Tine said...

Everything you make is so amazing. Love your blog.

Catherine said...

I visit your blog weekly and always have the intentions of scraplifting a few ideas for my own pages. But honestly, nothing I do can compare to your talent! You are so amazing, I wish I could scrapbook like you!

Beth said...

I totally love this page & have every intention on scrap-jacking it! It just blows me away!

Mescrap said...

So much beautiful !!

Tante Kaat said...

your artwork is so beautiful, I thought it deserves an award. More about the award you can find on my blog.
Thanks for sharing your work with us.

grtz, Katz

Carla said...

Great lay out...I think Im going to use that technique on my flowers tonight when I get home...its a lay out in the works that I should be done with tonight...thanks for the wonderful tips as always!

Anonymous said...

Sweet layout. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I would like to see your home decoration too.

Unknown said...

I love all your works! And this one is extraordinary!!!!!

paulien710 said...

This is sooooo AMAZING!!!! I totally love this page. The colors are stunning as are the details.... BEAUTIFUL page Irene!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin