This is my another layout on our Christmas in 2007. I just love these photographs of Ryan and decided to create another Christmas layout. Doesn't he look cute in that Christmas hat? The inspiration for this layout came to me when I tried to create the environment in our house during that Christmas. Lots of blingy ornaments.
Here are the steps.
1) I've layered various pattern papers on the bottom of the layout. I've used a snowflake puncher to punch out some snowflakes on the red pattern paper which I've later used it to embellish all over the layout. I've also stamped on the strip of olive card stock.
2) The two photographs are tucked in between those layers. To add more depth to it, I've created the "Reverse Look of Bubble Wrapper Printing" sheet using a pattern paper. I've used that sheet to stencil with distress inks all over the left and the right of the layout before I finally used it to layer behind the top photograph.
3) The photographs had been distressed using the scissors technique.
4) I've created the "Alcohol Inked Ornaments" using some alcohol inks. I've later used some crafting wire to tie the top.
5)The word "baby" are actually hand drawn onto transparency and later cut it out. I've used some acrylic paints to paint the edges. You could actually buy some of these acrylic alphas ad don't need to go through the hassle of having to draw and cut it out yourself.
6) For journaling, I've created a pocket for a hidden tag on the lower right of the layout.
I'm actually not that used to do seasonal or festive pages but creating this page had been a fun one!
Sources: Card stock: Bazzill Basic; Pattern Papers: Basic Grey, Scenic Route, Hot Off The Press (Paper Pizazz), Crate Paper; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink, Ranger Emboss It, Ranger Alcohol Ink, Tsukineko Staz On; Stamps: Making Memories, Norsk Stempelblad AS; Others: Zig pens, Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Stickles (Ranger), acrylic paints (Making Memories), ribbons, crafting wire,alcohol ink applicator (Ranger), flower (Prima), embossing powder, laces, transparency, snowflake puncher, beads, pearls and rhinestones.